Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 54 54 47 30 32 00 (TTG02.)
Disc TID = 00 00 00 00 00 00 (…)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = TDK Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 8.0X (Write)

Bruce

This deal is mirrored at Best Buy, with TDK 25 disc + and -R spindles, 4x and 8x (whatever the store happens to have). All the -Rs are TTG02 I believe, but the 8x ones can be either RICOHJPNR02 or CMC (don’t know the full media code). The CMC spindles look “normal” while the Ricoh spindles use this strange cakebox that memorex also uses.

$10 not bad

I should amend my post: all of the 8x -Rs are TTG02, while the 8x +Rs can be the other two I mentioned.

the + i got were 8X

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD+R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 43 4D 43 20 4D 41 47 00 (CMC MAG.)
Disc TID = 45 30 31 (E01)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = CMC Magnetics Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 8.0X (Write)

braynes,
You should take them back and get the ones that come in the spindle that looks like this: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=741286&postcount=22
They will be Ricohjpn R02.

as opposed to looking like what?

As opposed to looking like normal CD/DVD spindles with the thin bottom. Notice how that cakebox has a really thick bottom?

I snagged two packs of TDK TTG02 DVD-R 8X for $9.94 per 25-pack.
I sure love CD FREAKS !! :iagree: Would have missed this deal otherwise.
I picked up mine at Staples in Hollywood, CA on Sunset Blvd.
They got tons of them left. Also lots of the 8X plus R ones, as well.
(I passed on those based on reports of CMC in there). I would assume
TDK-made TTG02 would be much better. :slight_smile:

Best Buy also has a $5 rebate for the 4x DVD-R 25 pack spindles. (up to 3 spindles)

$4.99 is pretty cheap for 25 TDK’s :iagree:

SO are these TTG02 any good? I was under the impression that they were made by CMC, not the most reputable manufacturer.

well they(and i rarylie use dvd- disk) but theas burn well,in the 1633 they burn ok in the 811,and fine in the sony(8x)
Bruce

modestninja,

TTG02 is indeed manufactured by CMC, but with TDK’s dye and to TDK’s standards (though I’m positive TTG02 made in Japan by TDK themselves is better).

ah
thanks I didn’t notice that.

Thanks Two Degrees. I’m wondering if I should keep this or return it and get a 50 pack of Sony DVD-R since I saw that they were made in Japan ( I assume these would be TYs or are there other brands made in Japan). I wonder if they will be more reliable than these TTG02.

Our Staples didn’t have the 8x. I picked up the 4x DVD-R and they were TTG01, not a great disc, but it burns with decent results. Plus i Just use these -R’s for the movies i burn for my roommates.

There are other brands made in Japan. Maxell, Unifino, TDK, KIC, and Sony (I’m probably missing some others). Those Sony spindles are SONY08D1 I believe.