TDK 8x DVD±R 50 disc spindles $19.99 at Best Buy 3/27-4/2

vbimport

The title says it all; it’s come back around again. TYG02 is possible for the -Rs these days I hear (haven’t seen any myself); just an alternative to the Fujifilm TY discs which also seem to be on sale every other week. Those of you who don’t have 300+ blanks like the rest of us, time to stock up! :wink:

I’ve only got 250 TDK TYG02’s (along with approx 500 other TY G02, 200 Verb - R’s), so I guess I’m gonna have to snag some TDK TYG02 if I can find some. All of the BB TDK I’ve seen on the shelves in my area have been MIT’s. The MIJ’s I have were from the Compusa sale about a month ago and I must say they have been VERY nice to me. :bigsmile:

Wish i only had 300…Lol…i have way too many with no place left to store em…LOL…thanks for the heads up though

300 TY??? Darn, I have too many prodiscs, CMC, and MCC. I wish I have some TY and MXL. I wish there is a place to trade in all of my MIT prodiscs, MCC, and CMC for TY and MXL discs, I dont mind trading 2 for 1

Anyway, on the TDK, if MIT, either CMC or ricohjpn, if MII (india) then Moser Baer. But you shouldn’t take a chance because CMC discs should be around $15 for a spindle of 50. So not a good deal if you get CMC

Online links:

TDK 50-Pack 8x DVD+R Disc Spindle

TDK 50-Pack 8x DVD-R Disc Spindle

:slight_smile:

TDK’s TY02 have been the best burns slightly surpassing Fuji TY02. Based on one spindle.

Damn, of course neither Bestbuy or Futureshop (online or offline) will have them in stock, I hate these diffrent canadian policies. I don’t understand why TDK DVD media is so scarcely distributed in Canada, it would appear only Costco would have it plentyful, and much to my despair the online canadian version does not have it argh! I would like to get free and fast shipping for these! :wink:

Tigerdirect.ca and the .com version have it and it’s the same price as the Bestbuy sale. Unfortunately, Tigerdirect.ca imports the media from the US. I dunno if Costco Canada has got a special deal with TDK or something. The thing that hikes me with Tigerdirect.ca is the hefty shipping prices, but then again I live in Quebec and I do not pay the PST. At Costco I think the media has been replaced with the 16x TDK DVD media (in DVD+R and DVD-R versions), so they might well be on clearance, get them while you can! :wink:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1224938&Sku=T14-2188
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1213734&Sku=T14-2184

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1213734&Sku=T14-2184
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1224938&Sku=T14-2188

I would also like to know what burner you burn this with succesfully. I use a Pioneer DVR-108 myself and I burn at 12x and they play everywhere seemlessly, but I did not really scan them. I will soon get a BenQ DW1620, did any of you burned the DVD-R versions with this burner with good results?

I’m using a Benq 1620 and I love it. My best batch of media so far has been a spindle of TDK TYG02 (-R) that I picked up at Compusa. They also had +R, but I could tell from the spindle design (latch and lock) that those weren’t TY.
After one bad disc (first one on top), the next 7 or 8 have been great. Using my Benq, I scanned them and found 5 “99” on the quality score. The others were no less than 97. I haven’t used anymore from this spindle, but I did run out and purchase 4 more spindles of the same TDK TY -R (batch 102).

When BB is open tomorrow (closed for Easter), I’ll be down there scrounging around for -TY. Hope you Canadians have luck finding TDK TY. Just remember to look for the case design where the top is flush with the bottom (i.e. no “lip” on the bottom). :slight_smile:

And what about TTG02? I heard all kinds of opinions about it that contradict one another, basically.

Will all MIJ -R be TYG02? Any hub #s to watch/watch out for on both +R/-R? I’m working hard to drop under 300 blanks to justify the purchase (although the justification is really only in my head, the head of an addict :slight_smile: ). Already 50%+ of my blanks are TY +R, I guess a -R spindle would top the “collection” off.

P.S. In my experience, TTG02 isn’t so good, at least the TDK-branded MIT ones I got from CC a couple of months back.

MIT, what’s that manufacturer, is not that TDK outsourcing made by CMC? The spindles looks like CMC Magnetics spindles. I got a few burned on these and people give me conflictual versions. Is that nearly just like buying CMC DVD-Rs, only with slightly better quality? I guess I will scan my discs when I get my BenQ DW1620.

TTG02 MIT is indeed manufactured by CMC but using TDK’s own dye/equipment and to TDK’s standards, though I haven’t had much luck with this media code.

The Best Buy closest to me only had MIT media. :frowning:

I went to best buy today… they only had two -R spindles that looked like the TY spindles. But it still said MIT. Is that right? Anyways all the other were definitely MIT TTG02. The +R were mixed too. So I guess getting the TY’s is just luck…

Ah, Made in Taiwan, I tought all this time it was a brand. :wink:

Got Mine! :slight_smile: how do I find out what kind I got? I got the +Rs, how do I get the media ID or whatever yous guy are talkin about?

Peace and Luv,

DJ Mind

I’ve been a bad boy! Just got back from BB with 4 spindles of TDK -TY. Initially, I was disappointed since all I saw were MIT spindles with latch and lock. Looked around and found one of those portable displays and found a combination of MIJ TY and MIT ‘other’. After some sorting I found 4 spindles of batch 102’s. Got to be careful though since there was one spindle that wasn’t latch and lock, but looked different. Looked closer and saw that it was MIT. Not sure what the heck MID it had. All the rest that looked like TY were either batch 103 and 102. Wish you guys the best of luck out there! :slight_smile:

Download this free program
http://dvdidentifier.cdfreaks.com/
It will read the media code off your disks.