TDK 4800B 48x16x48

I dont know if this is worth anything but, I successfully loaded the new SS06.bin from liteon (48246S) to my TDK 4800B it now reads as a lite-on.

hmmm, does it work just like a LTR-48246S?

I am thinking of changing my TDK 48x16x48x to a Liteon. How is it working? IS the Liteon firmware in Bin format or did you convert it?

Ken,

TDK 48x , that is. You did buy it anyway, huh ?

Well, get the SS06.bin here liteon.notrix.net
and then just flash your new drive the same way you know.

If it’s failed you sure know what to do :cool: :bigsmile:

I d\l it from liteons site then converted it to .bin. as far as i know its working like a liteon. it works in everything but cdrwin. no problems yet.

its working like a liteon

It should do since it’s a rebadged LiteOn.

Yep, I did it and it went great. The TDK 48x16x48x is now a Liteon 48x24x48x but now I am looking for 52X.

The funny thing is that when I flashed the drive it showed the erase of each module in the drive and then flashed it and then erased and flashed, etc. I keep my fingers crossed (if that is a totally American expression it is like hoping or praying for the religious) and it all went great.:bow: :bow:

Ken,

and I’ll be the first in the line to get your current 482448, right ? :bigsmile:

To keep one’s fingers crossed is not a totally American expression.
Sorry for disappointing you with that :bow:

Congratulations, btw !

I’ll take good care of it <g> but it looks like it will be used for a while as I am pretty certain it will repond to the 52x upgrade when it comes out. One thing is that the actual drive seems more sturdy and solid like a Plextor then the regular Liteon’s. I wonder if TDK did anything else to the drive other than slap on it’s label and a fancy face plate and a blue drive tray.:cool:

I am pretty certain it will respond to the 52x upgrade when it comes out

I guess so :wink:

Well, anyway never say never. You know what I mean ? :wink: :smiley:

I just ordered a Lit-On LTR48125W. Is it possible to O/C to a LTR-48246S? I see according to http://liteon.notrix.net/ they do not have the same chipset. Does this mean I can’t?

@liteoncrasher

Yes, sorry.

/Dyzan

No problem. It should beat the hell out of the Philips PCRW804 (8/4/32) I have now. And I like the idea of having a LTD-163 and LTR-48125W both from same company…

LOL! There we go again with the brand loyalty thing.

Lite-On is just the best at the moment. I’d rather the toshiba drives, but they are next to impossible to find around here.

About 2 years ago, it was mitsumi, and there people going on about other burner companies and the whole flame war thing going with the brand lyalty as the foundation.

Brand layalty is for people without the incentive (or intelligence) to go out and find the best product themselves.

Currently the Lite-On DVD and Burners are the best combination. In 6 months it will be something else. Guaranteed.

At that point in time, I’m there. LiteOn can Kiss my arse. If they want to maintain me as a supporter, they better keep up the good work, rather than going cheap and nasty like the rest of the industry.

The only PC company in the world that deserves any sort of loyalty is Plextor, who keep releasing awsome drives and support tools.

Originally posted by debro

Lite-On is just the best at the moment.
The only PC company in the world that deserves any sort of loyalty is Plextor, who keep releasing awsome drives and support tools.

Agree. That’s why I’ve got both Plex and Litey :smiley:

Debro,

what do you really think? I did look around at other drives. I trust cdspeed2000 for my purchasing decisions. I got the Lite-On because it’s good not ONLY because it’s a Lite-On. Plextors cost too much money for a guy who has two kids.

And you say yourself that Lite-Ons are cuurently the best combination. I’m not shopping 6 months in the FUTURE. I’m shopping now. That’s why I got what I felt to be the best available for the money NOW.

And maybe you should just shut the hell up about people who don’t agree with you.

Originally posted by liteoncrasher
[B]Debro,

what do you really think? I did look around at other drives. I trust cdspeed2000 for my purchasing decisions. I got the Lite-On because it’s good not ONLY because it’s a Lite-On. Plextors cost too much money for a guy who has two kids.

And you say yourself that Lite-Ons are cuurently the best combination. I’m not shopping 6 months in the FUTURE. I’m shopping now. That’s why I got what I felt to be the best available for the money NOW.

And maybe you should just shut the hell up about people who don’t agree with you. [/B]

Lol. Don’t get so riled up. I wasn’t impugning your intelligence.
:slight_smile:

It was just funny the way you said

And I like the idea of having a LTD-163 and LTR-48125W both from same company…

I wasn’t suggesting everyone should go out and buy a plextor, even if they can afford it. Hell, I can’t. I bought one second hand from a friend that had some in a scsi duplicator tower when he upgraded! They are great drives, but I doubt most people could ever actually justify the price you pay for them new.

It’s good to see someone actually went out and did some research before they bought. I commend you for it. :bow: I’m confronted daily by people that don’t and think the product is to blame when it is no good. :frowning: LOL!

And maybe you should just shut the hell up about people who don’t agree with you.

As a contributing member of this and many other forums, if I did that I’d let a bunch of morons go running around telling eveyone that they should burn all their files as mode2 tracks cos they get more space, and many other silly things. ( By the way, it’s true, you get more space, but error correction capability is disabled and replaced with error detection only. Your backup files could be compromised! )

This was never intended to be the start of a flame war. If it was, I’d start it in the Quest for the longest thread
:smiley:

PS

what do you really think?
I’m a guy. I think exactly what I wrote. You must think I’m some sort of woman if you think I go around saying one thing and meaning another. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, so I guess I took you too literally. Good to know you didn’t really mean to imply someone you don’t know is stupid…

As for the “what do you really think?”: that was sarcasm.

No worries mate.

Hard to see what everryone means when it’s on screen, can’t tell if they are pulling a funny face when typing, or are dead serious, and after expereincing some forums I’ve been to, well, totally understandable.

:smiley:

Hi all, I’m new to this forum…

I have a TDK VeloCD 48x16x48. The front has 4800B so I’m assuming it can be flashed to a Liteon.

What would I gain by doing this?