TDK 440N Problems

Ok, I have been reading a lot of issues associated with the N440 burner but my situation is a little unique. First of all, let me give you a little info on my system
P4 2.66 Ghz
1024GB RAM
845PE Intel Chipset

I recently installed the drive and installed the ROxio 6.0 software along with it. I installed the software and all the updates from the web.
When I try to burn files from my hard drive to a DVD-R disc, it starts writing at 4x for 10 secs. Then goes to 2x, then a few seconds later, it drops to 1x and then eventually the light goes out on the burner. After 5 mins of nothing happening, the disc ejects and I get a buffer underrun error. On the software, buffer underrun is checked off. I have also tried the disc that came with the drive and it does the same thing. I have tried several configurations (slave, master, CS, IDE1, IDE2) and no success. I have called TDK and they believe that is has something to do with the intel chipset of the bus mastering, anyone have any simular problems or ideas?
Thanks!
Randy

Not sure if this will help or not but here it goes. Over the weekend I had help a buddy put togeather a system using the Intel 875P chipset(Asus P4C800-Dlx). I also installed the Intel chipset driver for WinXP(Home) and Roxio 6 Basic. Does exactly the same thing you’ve described for DVD-R. It burn with DVD+RW but unreadable. After changing MANY things in and out. I notice that it will burn correctly with the MS drivers for the IDE but not all the time. Install a demo version of Nero and it burn correctly ALL the time. All this took me a whole weekend to fingure out.:a

Thanks for the advice, I am now using Nero and it works perfectly!! I just hope Roxio comes out with a patch to fix the issue…

Thanks again!

I’m not sure what the issue is. If it’s a driver issue with Intel or a Roxio burning issue. Actually CDR will burn correctly with Roxio but just not DVDs. Also, I’d update the Roxio software as well so looks like it’s a Roxio problem.