TDK 40/12/48 external burner?

I have a TDK 40/12/48 external burner and was wondering if i can burn safe disc 2 with this burner, “burner was given to me”. I have tried to burn madden 2003 and warcraft 3 but was not able to make a perfect backup using clone or cdmate. can anyone tell me if its possible to burn safe disc 2 with this burner and how. Thanks

I have tested this burner. It is not compatible with Amplify Weak Sectors, required for SafeDisc 2.51.x (MOHAA onwards) :frowning:

CD Mate and Fantom couldn’t do it either and nor could BlindWrite.

It will read & write SecuROM and LaserLock. It is a very fast DAE ripper but accuracy is suspect, but then again I’m tone deaf.

As for the WC3 & NWN SecuROM - dunno. I thought it a reliable subs reader and burner but things have changed.

Isn’t this burner supposed to be a rebadged lite-on? Or is it just it’s ide cousin that uses lities guts?

Originally posted by Hemispasm
Isn’t this burner supposed to be a rebadged lite-on?
Some are, some aren’t. It seems that most of the TDKs in Australia, for example, are not rebadged Liteys

Originally posted by obscene25
I have a TDK 40/12/48 external burner and was wondering if i can burn safe disc 2 with this burner, “burner was given to me”. I have tried to burn madden 2003 and warcraft 3 but was not able to make a perfect backup using clone or cdmate. can anyone tell me if its possible to burn safe disc 2 with this burner and how. Thanks

Hi obscene25,

Please try your TDK 40x external with latest CloneCD in “RAW-SAO” writing mode with AWS enabled for SafeDisc 2x protected games.

Regards, sven

@FutureProof,

Its not a LiteON :wink:

Originally posted by Sheepfriend
[B]

Hi obscene25,

Please try your TDK 40x external with latest CloneCD in “RAW-SAO” writing mode with AWS enabled for SafeDisc 2x protected games.
[/B]
Why in RAW SAO? I don’t get it

Damn, I thought all TDK’s are liteons regardless of whether its internal/external? Good thing I came across this thread.

I was intending to get this, but I’ll change my mind now.:a

Is this a 40/12/40 or 40/12/48?

From the liteon side, there doesn’t seem to be an external model which has 48x reading for the external models.

PRACTICALLY ALL TDKs IN AUSTRALIA, especially the newer ones ARE NOT LITEONS! They all have 2 lights on them, therefore not liteon and they have 4MB Buffer, where liteys have 2MB.

I know for a fact that the 401248X and the 321040X are NOT LITEONS…

anyway…i was just trying to clear this thing up about everyone saying that TDKs are LiteONs, and unfortunately, Australia don’t get those…maybe in other parts of the world they do…:a