TDK 32x 700mb are in fact CMC's

I was hoping they were manufactured by Ritek, but it turns out they are made by CMC. SUCKS!!! Glad I only bought a 10 pack.

I bought some TDK 32x 700MB (red label):

ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

They are identical to some Memorex CD-R Premium:
ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f / LBA: 359848)

I can burn them both at 44x on my Yamaha F1 (1.0d). With the prior firmware, 1.0c, I could only burn them at 32x.

Cheers,
Dennis

I wish they would put the specific manufacturer on the label instead of just “Made in Taiwan”.

Originally posted by Zbeoch
I wish they would put the specific manufacturer on the label instead of just “Made in Taiwan”.

but then CMC would go broke since everyone would avoid their cdrs. CMC wouldnt be able to trick anyone into buying their cdrs.:bigsmile:

Here in Germany, TDK doesn’t mention the origion of their CD-Rs/CD-RWs at all :confused:

You can’t even find a “Made in …” , so you don’t even know whether they are made in TDK’s own factory (as far as I know TDK has its own factory in Luxembourg), or by Tayo Yuden or in Taiwan :frowning:

But so far I haven’t had any problems with all the TDKs I’ve used :smiley:

I have TDK Reflex Ultra 32x in Juwel Cases (which are 48x compatible btw):

ATIP info from disk - Read by Feurio 1.65
Recorder: LITE-ON - LTR-48125W
ATIP start of lead in: -02:44:70 (Sektor: -12370)
ATIP start of lead out: 79:59:74 (Sektor: 359999)
Manufacturer code: 97 15 05 - TDK Corporation (Typ: 5)
Reference speed: -
Minimum recording speed: -
Maximum recording speed: -
Unrestriced use: No
Disc type: Not Rewriteable
Disc subtype: Medium Type B, low Beta category (B-)
Target writing power: 5
Power multiplication factor:-
Target y value: -
Erase/writer power ratio: -

But it would be nice if TDK would mention the origin of their discs on the box or jewel cases.
As far as I know the discs made by TDK in its own Luxembourg factory are quite good ones :smiley:

Make sure you get the CERTIFIED PLUS 32x. They should be TAIYO YUDEN then. Which IMHO are the best out there. PERIOD. When I discovered they were TAIYO I just went with TAIYO anyway. They are cheaper without the TDK written on them (talking 100 packs here, save about $5-10 per 100 straight taiyo). I just got a different 100 TDK though. Haven’t opened them yet, but wonder if they are still Taiyo because the cakebox 100 deal is different on top. Not rounded smooth anymore, now has an edge that is about 1cm high on top. Might be some cheaper shit I think.

All TDK that were Taiyo so far came in the same nice top cakebox and a different bottom too. Now it has an EDGE like the top of a coffee can that has no lid. Before they were like having a lid on top of a can. If that makes sense. The new style cakebox (vertical 100 pack that is on a post) are sold at fry’s, which worried me. They carry a lot of SHIT stuff at frys…LOL. I’m almost afraid to open it and test one, pondering selling them instead since I do sell blanks. Once I open the 100 I own it probably :slight_smile:

I also like the fact that when I buy Taiyo, I know they won’t get switched on me (I have had TDK Ricoh’s). Taiyo is Taiyo. No rebadged shit. They created the CDR :slight_smile:

Plagiarmaster

As far as i know :

TDK 12x reflex (650MB) : Manufactured by TDK
TDK 24x reflex ultra (650MB) : Manufactured by Taiyo Yuden
TDK 32x reflex ultra (650MB) : Manufactured by Taiyo Yuden

I wasn’t really impressed by the TDK manufactured CD-R’s , but the Yuden’s are great!

I’ve used tdk 12x,they are over a year old now and the surface seems to have degraded on the inside centre of disc it’s like the surface has moved and theres a a wavy line now.
I just use datasafe discs now,never had a coaster

As far as I can see, the 32x TDK discs that are made by TY are, in fact, the same 24x TY that were re-packaged by Fuji, TDK and Memorex. They should burn up to 40x with minimal erors, 32x with no errors. TDK and Memorex labeled them as 32x, as did TY later on, but Fuji never rated them higher than 24x. Gotta love the integrety of Fuji for doing that.

it would be nice if all companies would tag they’re CD-R with the manufacturer!!

it really is annoying no to know who made the TDK/Philips you’ve just bought. hell, most of the CD-Rs sold in israel are ‘Made In Taiwan’ ! :frowning: