gruß kiss

@kiss2

http://www.hardwarezone.com/forums/downloads/TDKver2C7.zip

hagncola

hi ho hagncola

das ging aber schnell DANKE

thanks very much my friend

@kiss

no problem, can you tell me how can i extraxt the bin from the exe ?
hagncola

@hagncola

Here is a link to the 2.c7 bin file

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Forum/forceddownload.asp?file=0;79181

hiho tool fan

thx for the bin file

Who are you are you calling a ho ? :slight_smile:

hi ho

i am from german :bigsmile:

and i am a turk born in greece with german passport :eek:

gruß aus brd

This is amazing! The Pioneer A08 burns allows to be burn @ 12x ! What the hell is wrong with the official firmwares for this unit!? Ritek 03 sold as Ridata or Traxdata are among the best buy and this unit I am sure can write faster!

These versions seem to be the same as the MadDog firmware versions posted in the Madgog 2f8 post

@hagncola
hab die bin. bereits am nachmittag ins technik forum hochgeladen!

Correct, i was comparing them to the TDK 2.77 firmware :wink:

So really this is just a TDK version of the Maddog firmware without bitsetting!

More or less, It won’t allow you to change the booktype for SL media, it seems to lock SL +R media booktype to DVD-ROM

See the quote by Ian@cdrlabs HERE.

I think all of this talk about setting the booktype in advance with the MadDog firmware is nonsense. TDK 2.C7 should automatically set the booktype to DVD-ROM for all DVD+R/+R DL discs.

I think your right, i just flashed back to TDK2.77 and DVD+R booktype was set to DVD+R on a burn with that firmware
Which is strange because this morning i burned a disc with NEC stock 2.16 firmware and it displayed booktype as DVD-ROM, it surprised me, which is why i asked someone else to verify. :confused:

Down to my last 2 +R media and ain’t wasting another one just to find out :stuck_out_tongue: I’m flashing mine back to Maddog 2.F8

No!. Not unless the “whatever” firmware supports bitsetting itself. The bitsetting/booktype settings are stored in a different part of the EEPROM than the firmware itself - so it wont be affected when you flash it with another firmware. However the “another” firmware has to support/offer bitsetting capabilities in order to respect the booktype preferences you stored in the EEPROM. There is a very simple way to test this yourself (though I have already done that)

1. Install a firmware that supports bitsetting
  2. Set the booktype for DVD+R to DVD-ROM
  3. Install a firmware that does not support bitsetting
  4. Burn a DVD+R media
  5. Check the booktype using DVDInfoPro or similar. You’ll see that the booktype is now DVD+R, not DVD-ROM

The whole idea of setting the default booktype of +R to-ROM - without providing a way of changing this - sucks big time IMOH.

if the new tdk firm has integrated bitsetting for dvd+r, how looks like for dvd+rw?
can someone change the id string to nec?than i can make some tests.

Alright, thanks for the info pdu. Looks like flashing this firmware is quite pointless for people who have the modified Herrie / TDB versions already.

It means that 2.c7 firmware set DVD+R booktype to DVD-ROM default
and can’t change by any tools?