TDK 16x -R made in UAE

vbimport

Has anyone else bought any TDK -R that was made in UAE? I bought 100 from Meritline
that were on sale and was expecting to receive some crappy old MIT CMC MAG AM3 or
maybe some crappy old RitekF1 for give away discs but I was pleasantly surprised when
I saw they were made in the UAE and they turned out to be TTH02 discs. I just wonder if
FTI is making them for TDK as they burn about as good as the FTI TTH02’s do and the ink
jet printable surface is very nice also just like what is on the other FTI discs.

Anyway here is a pic of the TDK’s that I received.

[QUOTE=getit29;2494849]Has anyone else bought any TDK -R that was made in UAE? I bought 100 from Meritline
that were on sale and was expecting to receive some crappy old MIT CMC MAG AM3 or
maybe some crappy old RitekF1 for give away discs but I was pleasantly surprised when
I saw they were made in the UAE and they turned out to be TTH02 discs. I just wonder if
FTI is making them for TDK as they burn about as good as the FTI TTH02’s do and the ink
jet printable surface is very nice also just like what is on the other FTI discs.

Anyway here is a pic of the TDK’s that I received.[/QUOTE]
It’s all the same, made by FTI. TDK is just stamping their name on the package. Nice find!

Yeah, Falcon/FTI makes those.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2494871]It’s all the same, made by FTI. TDK is just stamping their name on the package. Nice find![/QUOTE]

They are a little bit cheaper than what supermedia charges for the FTI brand name $28.99 for 100
and $46.99 for 200 and at supermedia for the FTI brand name they are $35.99 for 100 and $67.99
for 200 discs. I got mine for $21.99 on sale with a code when I bought them but still $28.99 isn’t all
that bad of a price when they are the same thing as FTI’s brand of TTH02. :iagree: :clap: I do believe that I’m
going to stock up on them before the price goes back up. :iagree:

A link for those that want to have a look at them.
http://www.meritline.com/tdk-16x-dvd-r-white-inkjet-hub-printable---p-39868.aspx

[QUOTE=getit29;2494880]They are a little bit cheaper than what supermedia charges for the FTI brand name $28.99 for 100
and $46.99 for 200 and at supermedia for the FTI brand name they are $35.99 for 100 and $67.99
for 200 discs. I got mine for $21.99 on sale with a code when I bought them but still $28.99 isn’t all
that bad of a price when they are the same thing as FTI’s brand of TTH02. :iagree: :clap: I do believe that I’m

http://www.meritline.com/tdk-16x-dvd-r-white-inkjet-hub-printable---p-39868.aspx[/QUOTE]
:flower: When you have time can you post a scan or two? TIA.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that one day, UAE TDK will start showing up in retail stores.

I remember buying a spindle of UAE TTH02 in retail TDK packaging a few years back…

Hey getit29, how is the quality of the disc? thick or thin? & shiny or matte finish?:flower: Thanx
U can tell I dont print discs!
<div_prefs id=“div_prefs”></div_prefs>

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2494892]:flower: When you have time can you post a scan or two? TIA.[/QUOTE]

Yep I sure can post some scans. :iagree: I burned some movies I had that were just setting there on the hdd
so don’t pay any attention to the dates

TDK -R 16x
made in UAE
burned at 16x
burn time 5:43

Okay next up is a 12x burn

TDK -R 16x
made in UAE
burned at 12x
burn time 6:08

Okay lastly here is a 8x burn

TDK -R 16x
made in UAE
burned at 8x
burn time 8:28

[QUOTE=getit29;2494974]Yep I sure can post some scans. :iagree: I burned some movies I had that were just setting there on the hdd
so don’t pay any attention to the dates

TDK -R 16x
made in UAE
burned at 16x
burn time 5:43[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dave.evill;2494970]Hey getit29, how is the quality of the disc? thick or thin? & shiny or matte finish?:flower: Thanx
U can tell I dont print discs!
<div_prefs id=“div_prefs”></div_prefs>[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm… how to describe them well the discs are not to thick or to thin just about normal thickness
and the printable surface look like matte unless you tilt it a little and the light hits it just right then it has a
kind of shine to it you can see a light reflection of objects not real plain or anything but still a small reflection.

They print and look great afterwords a little better looking print than TY’s and Verbatim IMO they have 21mm
inner and 119mm outer diameter printable area.

[QUOTE=getit29;2495002]Hmmmm… how to describe them well the discs are not to thick or to thin just about normal thickness
and the printable surface look like matte unless you tilt it a little and the light hits it just right then it has a
kind of shine to it you can see a light reflection of objects not real plain or anything but still a small reflection.

They print and look great afterwords a little better looking print than TY’s and Verbatim IMO they have 21mm
inner and 119mm outer diameter printable area.[/QUOTE]
Nice find :clap:. Burns look nearly as good as Falcon-branded. Lots better than the last junk I bought with the TDK name on it.
Prints nicer than Verbs or T-Y’s? Must have Falcon’s own in-house print surface as well. Sweet sale price for what appears to be real Falcons. Have to drop SMS a line about these and get a little price war going :bigsmile:.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2495041]Nice find :clap:. Burns look nearly as good as Falcon-branded. Lots better than the last junk I bought with the TDK name on it.
Prints nicer than Verbs or T-Y’s? Must have Falcon’s own in-house print surface as well. Sweet sale price for what appears to be real Falcons. Have to drop SMS a line about these and get a little price war going :bigsmile:.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! a price war would be great maybe we would get some really fantastic deals then. :bigsmile:
Yeah the print surface on them is the same as on my Falcon DL discs very nice so they
must use the same in-house print surface on them also. :clap:

[QUOTE=getit29;2495067]LOL!!! a price war would be great maybe we would get some really fantastic deals then. :bigsmile:
Yeah the print surface on them is the same as on my Falcon DL discs very nice so they
must use the same in-house print surface on them also. :clap:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I keep e-mailing Meritline from time to time asking them to please start stocking Falcon DVD’s again. Like to see some competition between them and SMS keeping the price of Falcons as low as possible. Maybe if a few more folks were yellin for em at Meritline, we could heat up the competition :D. For anyone else interested in seeing that happen: order@meritline.com . Go ahead, bug em :bigsmile:.

That print surface is unique to Falcon. They engineered their own coatings and apply them in a dust-free clean room at their factory. Its the purest white print surface I’ve run across. Good stuff :iagree:.

Thanx 4 the info getit29 I just ordered the 200/$46.99 :smiley:

heres a 12X scan for media freakz:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2494880]They are a little bit cheaper than what supermedia charges for the FTI brand name $28.99 for 100

http://www.meritline.com/tdk-16x-dvd-r-white-inkjet-hub-printable---p-39868.aspx[/QUOTE]

Not to dig up old threads but thought it might be worth posting that Meritline has jacked the prices up
on the FTI produced TDK disc’s by $13.00 on the 200 pack and $3.00 on the 100 pack and about $1.00
or so on the 50 pack of them.

Kind of makes me believe they may be running short on these disc’s since the supply is drying up just
like anything else if the stock starts drying up the price goes up just like gasoline and fruit does so if
you want any of these disc’s it might be a good time to grab some before they are all gone. I really and
truly do dread to see that day come since these are the best burning discs that I’ve used in quite a while. :sad: