Task canceled immediately after starting?

vbimport

i have noticed with version 5.0.6.0 i get an error ripping to mp4, immediately after i start the conversion it says task canceled and finishes. if i just tell it to start again, it will work after a few tries.

[QUOTE=buzzin1999;2095607]i have noticed with version 5.0.6.0 i get an error ripping to mp4, immediately after i start the conversion it says task canceled and finishes. if i just tell it to start again, it will work after a few tries.[/QUOTE]

What profile are you using for the convertion

The same thing has been happening to me when doing a DVD to mobile conversion. I thought I had a corrupted installation so I did a clean uninstall and reinstall per Stormjumper’s link which had no effect. The conversion settings I use is generic.avi.xvid.mp3 (and also audiocopy). After reading the disk and clicking the start button a “task cancelled” message immediately shows up and a window pops up saying “successfully completed” (or something to that effect). A folder was created but it is empty. Sometimes a shutdown and restart of DVDFab corrects this. It almost seems that I can convert the first DVD with no problem but converting a second causes the failure. I am running vista home premium and 5.0.6.0.

It is happening for me, too. I am following the instructions for extracting an mp3 audio soundtrack from a movie, so I am using the DVD-to-Mobile Generic mode, creating a generic.xvid.mp3 file, using the settings recommended in the pinned thread. When I click Start, it immediately says task cancelled, and then prompts to Finish. I am using DVDFab v5.0.6.0 in Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, Intel Centrino Duo 2.18GHz, 4mb L2 cache, 4gb RAM, writing to a Fujitsu MHW2120BH hard drive. I am attempting to make a file from my backup copy of Farscape Season 1 Disk 4 Title 5.

yeah the funny thing is it says canceled, then the popup box says “finished successfully”. LOL. it happens on mobile zune profile, generic mp4 and wmv. havent tried others.

Same thing happens to me, running Windows Vista64.

I’m getting this as well running XP when I attempt a conversion to generic avi. If I start again the first conversion first pass will begin, but when the second pass begins it finishes almost immediately… but there’s no file in the folder. It’s been driving me nuts!
Is this indeed a bug in the 5.0.6.0 version?

try 5065

Haven’t tried 5065 yet, will tomorrow but I was getting the same problems as above with DVD to Zune. It seemed to work properly however if I ripped it to the hard drive first then used that as the source for the mobile conversion. Maybe a temporary workaround if 5065 hasn’t fixed it yet. Regards

I get the same thing but only when I choose the ISO. If I choose a file folder, it works fine.

well, 5065 doesn’t do fix things for me either. It doesn’t cancel right off the top anymore… it just seems to hang in the middle.
Does any one know how I can revert to the previous version 5950?

never heard of 5950, try here
http://www.crimsonrain.com/2008/07/dvdfab-5050-final.html

its virus free
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/a07a1db91c9a2eb9899b353c07b2e433

Sorry! I meant the previous version 5050

Sorry, I meant the previous version 5050

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 5.0.7.0 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-7-0-beta-out-249315/

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

The new version doesn’t cancel when I click on an ISO file to convert anymore.
Thank you.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Same for me. No more task cancelled. Thanks alot!:clap: