Task 3 Error

When backing up “Horton Hears a Who!” DVDFab gives me the following error message: “Task_3failed Error=100”. I’ve searched this site and could not find this exact error listed on any of the other post or error list. What is this error? Thank you for your help!
I’m using DVDFav Platinum 5.2.3.0.
Running XP Professional.

PS. I’m new to this site, so forgive me if I missed a previous post on this issue.

[QUOTE=K2;2202461]When backing up “Horton Hears a Who!” DVDFab gives me the following error message: “Task_3failed Error=100”. I’ve searched this site and could not find this exact error listed on any of the other post or error list. What is this error? Thank you for your help!
I’m using DVDFav Platinum 5.2.3.0.
Running XP Professional.

PS. I’m new to this site, so forgive me if I missed a previous post on this issue.[/QUOTE]

Hi K2 and welcome,

I’m still stuck at work so I can’t check, but I believe Task_3 refers to the verification process…a useless process particularly with the VSO burn engine (default burn engine for Fab).
Go into [B]Common Settings > Write [/B]and untick verify.

If this doesn’t do it, please post a couple of burn logs…just copy and paste 'em right here and we’ll take a look.

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B]

Does the bkup play ok?

IMHO the verify is a waste of time as long as it burned ok up to that step the movie will play fine, a lot of people have had trouble with that step so as Tom said just uncheck it in the setting and you should be good to go or if you really want it to verify then I would use the Imgburn burn engine

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2202893]IMHO the verify is a waste of time [/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don’t bother with [I]verify[/I] at all, even when using Img, but with Img at least the process works.
VSO verify is worthless.
Like a lot of members, I verify with my eyes…:eek::bigsmile: