Task_2 Failed Error=116

vbimport

My DVDFab Platinum was working great :slight_smile: until it told me there was a new version avaible and I downloaded it (4.1.0.2). :frowning: Now all I get is this TAsk_2 Failed Error=116 message. :eek: I am doing nothing different. I even deleted the program and reinstalled it and still get the same message. Please help! :confused: I am very frustrated. :a Just spent money to get the program and now I can’t even use it!!! :sad:

[QUOTE=icpinky70;2018725]My DVDFab Platinum was working great :slight_smile: until it told me there was a new version avaible and I downloaded it (4.1.0.2). :frowning: Now all I get is this TAsk_2 Failed Error=116 message. :eek: I am doing nothing different. I even deleted the program and reinstalled it and still get the same message. Please help! :confused: I am very frustrated. :a Just spent money to get the program and now I can’t even use it!!! :sad:[/QUOTE]

Hi icpinky
Dont know what system you are running but below in my signature are links on how to do a clean uninstall follow the steps completely also make sure you delete everthing listed and do a registry cleanup before reinstalling DVDFab,…also re-download DVDFab the download package that you already have may have corrupt during download
and have your registration key handy you will need it

[QUOTE=icpinky70;2018725]My DVDFab Platinum was working great :slight_smile: until it told me there was a new version avaible and I downloaded it (4.1.0.2). :frowning: Now all I get is this TAsk_2 Failed Error=116 message. :eek: I am doing nothing different. I even deleted the program and reinstalled it and still get the same message. Please help! :confused: I am very frustrated. :a Just spent money to get the program and now I can’t even use it!!! :sad:[/QUOTE]

I ran into this same problem when I wanted to write to a DVD but I haven’t gotten back to it. I can copy an already compressed DVD using the ‘Whole Movie’ button and using the DVD burner as the target with no problems. For some reason using the ‘Write Data’ button resulted in that Error=116.

I’m curious to see what happens with your situation.

Ok here’s a follow up. Last night I was able to successfully create a copy of Why Did I get Married after ripping just the main movie, saving it to the hard drive and using the Full Disc option to write it to a DVD-R.

Tonight I split a copy of Sneakers (as a test to preserve the menus and movie quality), saved the files to the hard drive and attempted to burn Disc 1 using the ‘Full Disc’ option. The write process got roughly halfway through and failed with Error=116. I set the write speed to 8x which is half of that of the DVD-R.

What is with this program? It’s so tempermental. There are no problems ripping but the writing to DVD hardly works consistently. If you look, you will find another post about how split movies don’t work at all. This time it didn’t write period.
Does this thing go through any sort of rigorous testing of EVERY possible scenario before it is released? I don’t buy that it’s corrupted because I would not have been able to burn the first movie using the same option.

personally, I gae up with the burn function in fab platinum long ago. I use fab only to select/rip, then burn with Imgburn for Dl, roxio for SL - both of those have fast verify functions.

Verify in fab takes forever & if you don’t verify you don’t have the same peace of mind.

PS and if I need to compress, then I use dvdshrink on the file that’s been ripped to HD, that way I can trim off unwanted credits & intros & thus lessen or eliminate the compression.

[QUOTE=cybmole;2018944]personally, I gae up with the burn function in fab platinum long ago. I use fab only to select/rip, then burn with Imgburn for Dl, roxio for SL - both of those have fast verify functions.

Verify in fab takes forever & if you don’t verify you don’t have the same peace of mind.

PS and if I need to compress, then I use dvdshrink on the file that’s been ripped to HD, that way I can trim off unwanted credits & intros & thus lessen or eliminate the compression.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya…more and more this is looking like a real piece of useless software. I thought it would be nice to be able to do everything with just one tool. Sort of a ‘one stop shop’ thing but it looks like all its capable of doing is making coasters.

I mainly tried it because I thought it would be cool to be able to keep the menus and split a DVD9 to two DVD5 discs. I never bothered with trying to keep menus before but there are times where I like to look at the bonus features. I previoulsy used Fab Decrypter and Shrink. This combination was bulletproof but I would eliminate the menus. I should stick to the belief of ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’.

I guess I could use Menu Shrink to process the menus after ripping then use shrink to finish it off.

sorry for all the trouble. :Z

i guess dvdfab just doesnt work. :rolleyes: what a waste of money. :doh:

which previous version of dvdfab were you running? do you have the file saved on your hard drive? if not i can email it to you. just send me a PM.

please follow the instructions from stormjumper and reinstall the previous version. i made a video showing what settings i like to use for dvdfab platinum.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dvdfabtroy

if after the unisntall / reinstall you are still having trouble. Please post a couple of items from the burn log, which can be found at C:\Documents and Settings…username…\My Documents\DVDFab\Log\ This is a text file that you can open with Notepad and copy and paste a few recent entries into a reply post.

I started getting this error recently. Have you tried creating any CD’s/DVD’s just through Windows? My issue was that the drive just needed cleaning.