"Task_2 failed! Error=111 DVDFab Platinum 6.0.6.0 or higher

vbimport

Hi,
I have a problem with vso burning energy version 4.xxx in DVDFab Platinum 6.0.6.0, 6.0.7.0, or 6.1.1.0 Beta.
When I will burn a DVD from DVD or Hard Disk, I see the Error:
“Task_2 failed! Error=111”
When I install the version 6.0.4.0 always it runs perfect.
Version 6.0.4.0 use the vso burning energy version 3.xxx.
What’s the problem or is it a bug?
Can somebody help me?
bye Ofenheizung

[QUOTE=Ofenheizung;2450826]Hi,
I have a problem with vso burning energy version 4.xxx in DVDFab Platinum 6.0.6.0, 6.0.7.0, or 6.1.1.0 Beta.
When I will burn a DVD from DVD or Hard Disk, I see the Error:
"Task_2 failed! Error=111"
When I install the version 6.0.4.0 always it runs perfect.
Version 6.0.4.0 use the vso burning energy version 3.xxx.
What’s the problem or is it a bug?
Can somebody help me?
bye Ofenheizung[/QUOTE]

Hi Ofenheizung welcome :flower:
Well one suggestion that I can offer is to download ImgBurn and use that as your burn engine,
make sure you set as burn engine in common settings, and that might take of this problem, if not come on back and we will work it out.
:smiley:

Hi Ofenheizung

As my good friend Touchdown suggested use ImgBurn as the burn engine, you’ll find a guide below in my signature called “Settings” it will give info on setting DVDFab and ImgBurn up :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]

You’re a good man StormJumper. I’ve been having the same problem with every version after 6.0.2.2. Wasted several DVD’s before rolling back. (I thought it might have been a bad section of media on the spindle.) Is there going to be a fix for this? We can’t be the only ones having the problem. Thanks again!

My 2 cents here, I always use the VSO burn engine and have never had a problem, but like my friends said try using the ImgBurn engine, also it could be the media you are using or burning to fast, Also those are old versions maybe you ought to try updating FAB to the latest version

I’ve used every version after 6.0.2.2 and had the same problem. That’s why I rolled back. I’m using the same machines (same problem on both), burners, and media I have for the last 1 1/2 years without any problems. It just started with the later versions. I’ve done a [U]complete[/U] uninstall and clean re-install and no change. Can’t explain it.

[QUOTE=my2cents;2469169]I’ve used every version after 6.0.2.2 and had the same problem. That’s why I rolled back. I’m using the same machines (same problem on both), burners, and media I have for the last 1 1/2 years without any problems. It just started with the later versions. I’ve done a [U]complete[/U] uninstall and clean re-install and no change. Can’t explain it.[/QUOTE]

Don’t tell me let me guess…your using the built-in burn engineB[/B]…if so try using ImgBurn as the burn engine, if you have ImgBurn installed you can select it in DVDFab’s common settings-> Write :bigsmile:

you may also want to check out the guide below in my signature called “Settings” :wink:

Happy Holidays :flower:

I’m going to give that a try - I’ll let you know the results. Thx,

m2c

[B]Happy Thanksgiving![/B]

One more thing…do the programers know about the VSO engine problems? I guess not everyone is having the same issue or they would have addresssed it. They’re pretty good about patches.

[QUOTE=my2cents;2469237]One more thing…do the programers know about the VSO engine problems? I guess not everyone is having the same issue or they would have addresssed it. They’re pretty good about patches.[/QUOTE]

The thing about the VSO burn engine is that most users/members don’t have any problems with it, and the ones who do it is usually related to system configurations and/or hardware.

You’ll find ImgBurn is a better choice for the burn engine :wink:

Absolutely! :iagree:

ImgBurn is more robust and regarded by many as the best burn engine available.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Well guess what…here’s what I got: (short version)

11:34:57 Retrying (22)… (1st 21 not included)
W 11:34:57 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
E 11:35:09 Failed to Write Sectors 2816 - 2847 - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format
I 11:35:09 Synchronising Cache…
W 11:35:19 User opted to skip the ‘Close Track/Session/Disc’ functions.
E 11:35:19 Failed to Write Image!
I 11:35:21 Exporting Graph Data…
I 11:35:21 Graph Data File: C:\Documents and Settings\Mitch\Application Data\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\LITE-ON_DVDRW_SHM-165H6S_HS0E_FRIDAY-NOVEMBER-27-2009_11-31_AM_CMC_MAG._AM3_16x.ibg
I 11:35:21 Export Successfully Completed!
E 11:35:21 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:03:59
I 11:35:21 Average Write Rate: 33 KB/s (0.0x) - Maximum Write Rate: 33 KB/s (0.0x)
I 11:37:19 Close Request Acknowledged
I 11:37:19 Closing Down…
I 11:37:20 Shutting down SPTI…
I 11:37:20 ImgBurn closed!

I’m using TDK DVD-R :1-16x. I’ve made maybe 10-15 coasters out of 500. I followed SJ’s instructions to the letter, even upgraded to the latest DVD Platinum 6205 with no success. I’m getting frustrated. There must be a setting that’s not set properly. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thx

M2C

According to the log it shows…
W 11:34:57 Retry Failed - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - [B]Incompatible Format[/B]
I have never known DVDFab to create an Incompatible Format, so my question is what program are you using for the rip :confused:

I used to get that error with media that had scratches or fingerprints on them, or using a media code that was not supported by the firmware.

Strickly DVDFab - insert the blank dvd, insert the disk, and let DVDFab do it’s thing. Default settings have always worked. It’s doing it on 2 separate machines. I’ve been doing this a long time and have never seen this either.

Update: I rolled back to 6022 again, did a clean install and it worked perfectly. Does the new version of DVDFab use the same pcouffin driver? Something has changed between the 2 versions.

[QUOTE=my2cents;2469598]Update: I rolled back to 6022 again, did a clean install and it worked perfectly. Does the new version of DVDFab use the same pcouffin driver? Something has changed between the 2 versions.[/QUOTE]

If you think the pcouffin driver is the problem you can update to the latest version and during the install you are asked if you want to install the VSO Software(pcouffin) just un-check the box and DVDFab will use the old version from v6022 :wink: , however if you have selected ImgBurn as the burn engine the pcouffin driver is not used…

Well, back again with news. After 3 weeks of messing with this issue and getting no help from support other than to install the latest version (did that many times), I got fed up. I combed the log files and found 2 differences between the earlier versions (v6.0.2.2 and before) and now. The later versions have a new .DLL file and use SPTI. I don’t know what else it could have been - it had to be my Lite-On drives. (they’re about 2.5 years old with the newest firmware Lite-On had). [B]I replaced them[/B] with new Sony Optiarc drives and guess what? No more problem. When you’ve exhausted all logical avenues…it’s probably the hardware.

P/S: I did switch to ImgBurn. Very nice.

One more thing that people tend to forget. HARDWARE HAS A DEFINITE LIFESPAN. Thx for all the suggestions. :bigsmile:

Glad you got it working my2cents