Task_1 failed! Error=4(504 4 Encode_video 1029632 200)

vbimport

DVDFab Platinum (Option: Mobile) 5.0.5.0
I get the error message shown in the subject line almost immediately every time I want to create a video file using any of the Mobile options from any DVD or iso image.

Machine is Dell Optiplex 740 dual-core AMD 64 X2 6000+ 3.01 GHz, 4.00 GB or RAM running XP Professional x64 SP2. Never had any problems previously doing this. I have removed software and reinstalled to no avail.

I’m using VLC transcoding as a temporary workaround. Any suggestions?

welcome to cdfreaks,

before we get into dvdfab. whats the VLC transcoding you are mentioning. ive never heard or known VLC to perform this task. however VLC may very well have this ability, i just do not know this.

please post a burn log:
my documents/ dvdfab/ log

[QUOTE=troy512;2090635]before we get into dvdfab. whats the VLC transcoding you are mentioning. ive never heard or known VLC to perform this task. however VLC may very well have this ability, i just do not know this.
[/QUOTE]
Hey Troy, I never tried it, but I believe the OP is referring to streaming:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/streaming.html

hi,

This error message looks like buffer malloc failed when begin to encode video, but looks you have a big memory,
please try the solution, before do a process by using DVDFab, try close other app, and adjust mobile memory option to the low.

please try it, thanks

Yes, maineman is correct. VLC transcoding is intended for streaming, but it will work for file conversion also. Just select File… Wizard… and select Transcode/Save to file. It doesn’t work perfectly all the time, but I can usually get something useful out of it.

Ting, Thanks for the quick response and suggestion. Here’s what I got using the Generic mobile option with all default settings.

[B]Mobile Memory Option[/B] Results
[B]Low[/B] worked - 21 fps conversion rate
[B]Normal[/B] worked - started at 50 fps but dropped to 28
[B]High[/B] worked - 45 fps
[B]Max[/B] failed with error code shown in subject line. DVDFabConsole.exe process left running.
[B]Auto[/B] failed with error code Error=4(504 f Filters_video 449312 600)

For now, I will just leave the mobile memory setting on High and that will let me get my job done.
Thanks again.

[QUOTE=mcorley;2090904]Yes, maineman is correct. VLC transcoding is intended for streaming, but it will work for file conversion also. Just select File… Wizard… and select Transcode/Save to file. It doesn’t work perfectly all the time, but I can usually get something useful out of it.[/QUOTE]
:cool:…I didn’t realize you could save the files to a hdd…good to know…thanks

[quote=mcorley;2090904]Yes, maineman is correct. VLC transcoding is intended for streaming, but it will work for file conversion also. Just select File… Wizard… and select Transcode/Save to file. It doesn’t work perfectly all the time, but I can usually get something useful out of it.[/quote]What a great tool this is. :slight_smile: Had no idea that option was available.