Task_1 failed! Error=102()

Hi All:

I have 2 computers, one a laptop running Windows XP and a personal computer running Vista, not sure why I have Vista, but that is another story. On certain DVD’s recently DVDFab is shutting down completely with no error, but when I go to the DVDFab_Event Log, I notice an error called: Task_1 failed! Error=102().

Both computers have the same problem with the same disc. The laptop is running a registered (paid) version of DVDFab 5.2.5.0, with a NEC DVD drive and the personal computer is running 6.0.3.0 Beta with a Samsung DVD drive.

I am guessing, but it might be my configuration of my DVDFab, but that is only a guess.

Has anyone seen these errors before and if so, how did you rectify the problem?

Thank you in advance.

[QUOTE=tswifte;2312496]Hi All:

I have 2 computers, one a laptop running Windows XP and a personal computer running Vista, not sure why I have Vista, but that is another story. On certain DVD’s recently DVDFab is shutting down completely with no error, but when I go to the DVDFab_Event Log, I notice an error called: Task_1 failed! Error=102().

Both computers have the same problem with the same disc. The laptop is running a registered (paid) version of DVDFab 5.2.5.0, with a NEC DVD drive and the personal computer is running 6.0.3.0 Beta with a Samsung DVD drive.

I am guessing, but it might be my configuration of my DVDFab, but that is only a guess.

Has anyone seen these errors before and if so, how did you rectify the problem?

Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]
Well would be nice if you posted the log so all of us could take a look and give you better answer than just a [B]read error[/B].

You have the same problem with same dvd in 2 diferent computers, then you have a defective disk.

Hi:

Thank you for the input. To answer the first question, there is no log to supply, the software just shuts down, so I have to go to DVDFab_Event Log, I notice an error called: Task_1 failed! Error=102(). That is all the information I can provide, unless I am missing something. If I click on the Check Mark and go to Info, there is nothing there, the software is shutting down before there is any info in the screen.

In regards to the comment on the disk being defective, I doubt that because I can use a different program, like RipItForMe or I can play the disc on my computers or DVD players.

[QUOTE=tswifte;2362932]Hi:

Thank you for the input. To answer the first question, there is no log to supply, the software just shuts down, so I have to go to DVDFab_Event Log, I notice an error called: Task_1 failed! Error=102(). That is all the information I can provide, unless I am missing something. If I click on the Check Mark and go to Info, there is nothing there, the software is shutting down before there is any info in the screen.

In regards to the comment on the disk being defective, I doubt that because I can use a different program, like RipItForMe or I can play the disc on my computers or DVD players.[/QUOTE]

Go to Common Settings > Pathplayer, and change that to ‘Always Disabled’, and let us know how that works.

OC

:slight_smile:

Thank you, when I get time, I will check it out. Again, thank you for your help, eh?

Like OC mentioned change pathplayer setting to Disabled or always enabled rather than the default enable when necessary.

Thank you, it was set to always enabled.

Hi:

I was able to test it, and although I didn’t crash, what DVDfab’s output was not able to be read, either as a VOB or when converted to an AVI file. I ran with this with Pathplayer off. What next?

The error code (102) is a read error. Either the disc is bad or has a protection that DVDFab can’t handle (unlikely but possible). Update the installation on your laptop from 5.2.5.0 to 6.0.4.0, it has new troubleshooting tools. Make sure you download the 6.0.4.0 installer from the link here in the forum or from DVDFab.[B]com[/B] only.

Hi:

Problem disc is Deer Hunter, which I own. I was trying to back it up. I did rent another copy of it and tried that and the same problem occurred. I installed the new software installer and will try to back up the Deer Hunter again soon. Thanks for the help.

[QUOTE=tswifte;2410174]Hi:

Problem disc is Deer Hunter, which I own. I was trying to back it up. I did rent another copy of it and tried that and the same problem occurred. I installed the new software installer and will try to back up the Deer Hunter again soon. Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

The Deer Hunter is an old flick and has no special protection so PathPlayer is not needed so try it “Disabled”, I didn’t have trouble with this flick which I used an older version of DVDFab…
however if you have DVD Shrink in your toolbox you may want to give it a try too :slight_smile: