Tarzan 2 copies with no sound

I’m runnung the latest versions of anydvd and clonedvd copied several movies and thios one is the only one i’m having problems with. I tried just backing up the mvie twice and checked to make sure all sound files were checked, but still no sound. Lastly I tried cloning the entire dvd, theres sound for the menu’s but none for the movie. Also, no errors are listed , it was a smooth process, just no sound.

@ perrinshane,

As explained numerous times in the AnyDVD and CloneDVD Forums making the statement using “The Latest Version” doesn’t fully describe the actual version number of AnyDVD and CloneDVD that you are currently using.

Suggest visiting SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) and download the latest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. After installing the latest versions available at SlySoft (http://www.slysoft.com) if you continue to have problems please return to the Forum and ask for assistance. If in fact you return to the Forum please state the version of AnyDVD – CloneDVD you are using and provide information on what device you are using when attempting to playback the recorded backup copy.

Best Regards,
bjkg

@bjkg

do you mean clonedvd 2.8.3.3 and anydvd 2.5.6.1 or do you mean the lastest versions :wink:

@ Bjproc,

As being a frequenter of this Forum as displayed by your “CD Freaks Senior Member” status the “other” versions you have been recently been made aware of are considered “Beta” versions and not “supported” until they are posted at the SlySoft Web Site.

Knowing this information why would you be “suggesting” the existence of “Beta” versions in this particular Posting thread?

Best Regards,
bjkg

Hey pal, only trying to have a bit of fun with you, as you were informing perrinshane of what way to write the versions ie; numbers, but then you were saying the “latest versions”, yeh anydvd is a beta version but it’s trying to resolve the reg issues.

PS, don’t take any notice of the Senior status or post count, as a newbie with 1 post may know a lot more than me.

alright I’m using Clonedvd2 v. 2.8.3.3 and Anydvd v. 5.2.4.2 there fully registered versions. Anyway does anyone have a fix for this isue. Also I’ve tried running my backup copies on 3 different dvd players all of wich i’ve never had any problems with, I’ve also tried with 2 different pc’s running PowerDVD and all show the same problem. If you explore the copied dvd certain files in the audio folder are missing, and Iv’e triple checked that all my settings are correct.

Your problem is not related to AnyDVD. The Audio_ts folder is irrelevant for sound of Video DVDs.
Solution: Select all Audio tracks in the Stream selection in CloneDVD (right side).
To understand the stream setting preferences, please consult the CloneDVD help.

@ perrinshane,

Normally the AUDIO_TS folder will be empty and not contain any files.

I just checked and found that Tarzan II has English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS 5.1), and French (Dolby Digital 2.0).

Perhaps your audio problem might be related to DTS 5.1 Surround Sound. If you only include DTS Surround 5.1 Surround Sound audio stream in your backup copy and your playback device is does not support DTS Surround 5.1 Surround Sound you will not hear any audio in the play back.

Suggest copying Tarzan II again and only include the AC 3/6 audio stream in your backup copy.

Suggest viewing the below Forum posting for information on how to determine DVD audio streams. Refer to posting #6 comments.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=139157

Best Regards,
bjkg

Just tried it again, tried cloning the entire dvd and made sure everything was checked (every language and option). It should be copying everything now.Sound profiles are all suported byeverything i’m using. Still having the same problem though. The menu pops up with sound, all extras have sound, but as soon as the movie is started theres absolutely nothing for sound. When recording there were no errors of any kind. Also I’ve tried clonedvd help and found nothing.I appreciate the help however:) I’ve backed up several hundered movies so far and this is my first real issue

@ perrinshane,

Perchance have you played the original commercial factory manufactured Tarzan II in PowerDVD and also in your stand-alone desktop DVD player? If so have you noticed any “weirdness” when the audio is playing?

Best Regards,
bjkg

Tried the origonal and it worked perfectly

Please try to select a different audio track on the remote of your player while playing.

thanks that did it. I guess the saying “There’s no stupid questions just stupid people” really apply’s to me in this situation. Thanks for everyones help.:).

I still can’t get sound on Tarzan II and have all the streams checked and also tried play back of the VOB files in Roxio DVD Max.
I tried all the advice listed here before I bothered anyone here for advice.

I use DVD Shrink 3.2 with AnyDVD version 5.2.6.1 running in the background
I haven’t had any issues until this disc as well.

Is there some kind of audio encryption block on Disney films that AnyDVD is not picking up??

No. Your problem is in no way related to AnyDVD at all.

Ok, try disabling AnyDVD, then installing DVDShrink, then copy the movie with DVDShrink, does the sound work now?

I burnt a copy and even though it didn’t play on my PC with sound it did in my DVD player so thanks for the advice and help

for what its worth the program is well worth the $39.00 I paid for it :slight_smile: