Target

Firstly sorry to butt in :bow: Blimey Maineman & Bigmacnc, if your not already you should be serious I.T. consultants earning mega bucs :iagree:. I have been following this post from the start but unfortunately this is way out of my league :confused: so I am unable to give input.

All I can say is keep up the good work, and it’s sure nice and rewarding when the person in trouble really appreciates your help.(As is the case here) :clap:

Hello again gentlemen, I was finally able to get updates, my background intellegent driver was disabled, so that is no longer a problem. I took a screen shot of the dma settings but I don’t know how to post it. I tried the regseeker and it did something I can’t remember what. I will get a new ribbon cable and try to uninstall the optical drives, what do you mean “do not uninstall the ide channel your system hdd is on”. Please don’t worry about insulting me, I will be the first to tell you that I am not an expert. I do have a second hard drive on my pc and yes I do have the os discs. I would be willing to manually edit the registry, I have gained alot of knowledge about my pc over the last few weeks, but I would need your help.

Make sure to get the 80 wire identified by Blue, lite gray, and black connectors,

what do you mean “do not uninstall the ide channel your system hdd is on”.

Usually HDs will be installed on Primary Channel Bus 0 and optical drives CD/DVD on Secondary Channel Bus 1. Each channel supports 2 devices Bus 0 Master Bus 1 Slave.

Please don’t worry about insulting me, I will be the first to tell you that I am not an expert. I do have a second hard drive on my pc and yes I do have the os discs.

We won’t insult you, but may joke some when it will do no harm. I see you have OS Disc, do you have the one for your Motherboard as it contains drivers too. Some system work best with the generic MS drivers while some may ask for the other drivers on that disc.

I would be willing to manually edit the registry, I have gained alot of knowledge about my pc over the last few weeks, but I would need your help.

We will save that for last as regseek usually fixes the registry.

Mack

Hello Gentlemen, sorry about the delay, the holiday kept me busy. Anyway The darndest thing happened. I played a movie and it worked just fine, so I tried to burn a movie and the dang thing worked and worked very well. Another reason it took me so long to get back to the forum is because I thought it was too good to be true, so I waited to see if something was going to happen down the road. As of right now everything is working great. I suspect I received an update that came in and fixed the problem. So thanks for the help and stay tuned because I still believe this is too good to be true. Talk at ya soon.