"Target NEC ND-2500A is not found correctly." when upgrading firmware

vbimport

I have a NEC-ND2510A. I downloaded the firmware update from here:

I get the error “Target NEC ND-2500A is not found correctly.” when I open the exe to upgrade the firmware.

I just recently reformatted my computer so I need to update my firmware or driver again for this drive.

Okay I just read a sticky. So I need binflash. Got it. Now where can I find the latest official firmware for this drive? I looked here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1605574-post418.html

but I can’t see where to download 2.19

Official firmwares can be found here. Modified firmwares and also Binflash can be found if you follow the links in my signature.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2178302]Official firmwares can be found here. Modified firmwares and also Binflash can be found if you follow the links in my signature.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I haven’t looked there yet. There’s two versions for my ND-2510a model. “ND-2510 P-ATA (GEN)” and “ND-2510 P-ATA(GNP o. GNF)”

I’m not sure which one I’m supposed to get?

P.S. I think I should note that my computer is a refurbished gateway that I bought off of tigerdirect website more than 2 years ago. I’m not sure if my drive is a OEM drive.

When using the official flashers only one of them will allow you to update. But in general they both seem to be pretty much the same.

I got the 2.19 version from your site here:

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-2500A/

I think I’m going to flash it after the holidays. Just so I know, I don’t have to do anything special in preparation to flashing the drive do I? Like, I don’t have to disconnect anything from inside the tower… a slave drive etc? Or I don’t have to do anything special software wise do I? Just use binflash and read the how to right?

Right. Only on the Optiarc AD-7170A series, you had to switch to PIO mode due to a bug in the drive’s bootcode. Every other drive can be flashed without preparing anything.