Tapes to DVD

vbimport

Hi all, I have vhs, beta and svhs home videos that I want to first archive to dvd, then edit. I also have 8mm movies which I put on beta, one more wrong choice in my electronic life. The easiest way for me to convert tapes to dvd is to plug a tape machine into the front jacks of my Panasonic DMR-E217 Dvd Recorder and push record. After it is finalized it gives me a DVD disk that will play in any machine or computer. I see that the recorder will record on almost any format DVD. I bought Cyberlink Power Director v.5 which I think is a difficult program to use and doesn’t do what I would like. I also have a program called Xilisoft DVD ripper platinum. Neither program seem to be useful to get where I want to go. I would like to edit and duplicate home movies to dvd on my computer. I tried to use Sonic dvd copy. It seems to be doing the right thing then, 10 minutes in it says disk copy failed, please put in a new disk and try again.

It doesn’t sound like much to ask for does it.

I have a Dell Centrino duo laptop with 1 gig ram Windows XP also, a Compaq desktop with a 320hd. I see there are a number of DVD copy programs out there mostly oriented toward commercial movies which I don’t care about.

billydkidd

I use TMPGEnc DVD Author to beef up the picture and organize the DVD. There are other programs as well that will do a good job, but I’m not as familiar with them. I think Adobe Premier Pro may be the best program, but mastering it is like learning Chinese math from a Greek manual.

Buy a DVD Recorder :iagree: use Sima GoDVD to filter the Macrovision copyguard too :slight_smile:

You have to get what is called “Video Stabilizer” to insert in video path, than you will be OK.

One of them
http://checkhere22.com/stabilizer/

You can search to see more or one close to you.

[QUOTE=larc919;2132601]I use TMPGEnc DVD Author to beef up the picture and organize the DVD. There are other programs as well that will do a good job, but I’m not as familiar with them. I think Adobe Premier Pro may be the best program, but mastering it is like learning Chinese math from a Greek manual.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info I downloaded the trial version and am checking it out. It seems like it will do what I want to do. billydkidd