Taking soooooo long to write this image!

vbimport

I have a Lite-On LTR48125W (48x 12x 48x, as most of you know) and a Creative Labs CD5233E-N CD-ROM (52X data w/20x audio rip).

I used Clony XXL and now I'm in Clone 4019 using the "
game setting" with AWS off. I'm writing from the Creative Labs reader (again it's 52X) and it's been at this for 45 minutes!

It's at 1%! Why is it taking sooooooo long to write this image? I used to see this occasionally on older versions of Clone. Any idea what the heck is going on here? The speed is ranging from0 kb/s to sometimes like 2.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm learning.

:Z Log Looks fine to me. No !'s:

9:04:45 PM CloneCD Version 4.0.1.9 started!
9:04:45 PM ElbyCDIO Driver 4.0.1.4
9:04:45 PM ElbyCDIO.dll 4.0.0.1
9:04:45 PM CCDDriver.dll 4.0.1.9
9:04:45 PM ElbyECC.dll 4.0.0.0
9:04:45 PM Registered to: CSW Besucher
9:04:45 PM Searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices...
9:04:45 PM Device Scan found 1 CD-ROMs and 1 CD-Writers!
9:04:58 PM Starting copy from CREATIVE CD5233E-N to C:\DOCUME~1\JN\LOCALS~1\Temp\IMAGE.CCD
9:04:58 PM Read Speed for Data Tracks: Maximum
9:04:58 PM Read Speed for Audio Tracks: Maximum
9:04:58 PM Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Yes
9:04:58 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Yes
9:04:58 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
9:04:58 PM Don't report read errors: Yes
9:04:58 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Yes
9:04:59 PM CD contains CD-Text: No
9:05:00 PM Reading Track 1... (Blocks 0-231508)
9:05:41 PM Fast Error Skip has been enabled automatically!

Are you copying an SafeDisc protected CD?

If so, then it makes use of bad sectors - which make many readers take a long time to read the CD. This is old news, but since you don’t know…

When the reader encounters a bad sector it retries to read it many times. The number of retries is set in the hardware of your drive. Unfortunately some drives have ridiculous settings of like 48 retries or even max 255 retries.

However, most new drives now are able to accept the MMC command to change the number of retries temporarily (until power is turned off) thus making the read those bad sectors very quickly.

Your Creative (52x) drive probably has a high hardware retry setting. I’m not sure if it accepts the retry command, but you can try to set it in CloneCD:

1. When you click on the ‘Read Image to file’ button you’ll see your drives listed.
  2. Right-click the icon labelled Creative and you’ll see a dialog settings for that drive
  3. Click on the Fast Error Skip tab and change the read retry to a smaller value - say 0.

I’m not sure if this sets for hardware retry (it may be software retry) I’m no author of CloneCD, you’ll have to speak to Olli about this.

Wich protection are trying 2 burn?

Need more info.

Name of game.
Drive set up.
DMA enable.
Pc set up.

Every bit of info helps us help you.

I thought I could read from one drive and then write to the other with Clone (I know I can when copying CDs, etc).

I canceled the last session and when I read from the Lite-On and then wrote to it, that worked.

My CD-ROM is listed above, but maybe it’s not compatible with writing the image with Clone??? Maybe it cannot handle the RAW stuff? I don’t know…

I was trying to copy FIFA 2001. I have a Pentium P4 (1.6 ghz), 512 MBRAM, and the applicable drives listed above.

fifa 2001 is safedisc 1 protected. Lots of bad sectors in the first 10,000 or so sectors and your cdrom is struggling to get through them.

Use your writer to make an image and then burn the image. Your writer shouldn’t take more than about 7 to 10 mins to make the image.:wink:

9:04:58 PM Don’t report read errors: Yes
And that’s why you can’t see the reported errors. It’s better to leave this option off to see what’s going on…

Originally posted by new555
I thought I could read from one drive and then write to the other with Clone (I know I can when copying CDs, etc).

copying cds on the fly (cdrom to writer) isnt very good. you should always make an image onto your hard drive then burn from that. doing this improves the readability of the burn and is more reliable also.

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by cd pirate
[B]

copying cds on the fly (cdrom to writer) isnt very good. you should always make an image onto your hard drive then burn from that. [/B]
…not unless you have a Liteon LTD-163D :bigsmile: hehe

…not unless you have a Liteon LTD-163D hehe

I even make succesful SD2.51 backup’s when burning on the fly using my LTD-163 4 reading and my LTR-48125W 4 writing…:wink: