Takes 3 hours to make an image?

vbimport

I am using an hp8250i to (attempt to) make backup copies:) Everytime I try to use CD Clone it says that it will take 3 hours to make an image on the hard drive. In Nero, it gives an error message and stops, same with disc juggler…all latest versions.
With Crimson Skies, Mechwarrior 4, and Sim Theme Park it does this but the half-life disk copied in 5 minutes. I have tried with a clean install of windows, updating the aspi, reducing all of the supplemental caches. I have been able to make copies of all of these before…what could be the problem? I can copy data fine this seems to happen only in copying disks.

Epox kta2
400 mb ram at 133
duron 900
maxtor 40gb
hp8250i 4x4x24
prophet II mx (agp)
latest via drivers 4in1 131 (I believe)

help!!!

Moved the topic to troubleshooting, because this is the best place for this topic. Can’t help you further, sorry, maybe someone else can.

Ehhh your discs obviously have reading errors on it :stuck_out_tongue: That’s because they have the so-called SafeDisc (2) protection which relies on errors in the first 10.000 sectors of the disc. Enable the “Fast Error Skip” option in CloneCD for this and watch the log. If all goes ok you will see a lot of errors in the CloneCD logup to about sector 10.500 and then there will be none.

If your discs have the SafeDisc 2 protection you will need compatible hardware that can do it. Check out my SafeDisc 2 list here.

You can find a little CloneCD manual here which explains how to use a so-called protection scanner which will give you the correct settings next time :wink:

Goodluck!

Originally posted by TheMightyGeckoe
I am using an hp8250i to (attempt to) make backup copies:) Everytime I try to use CD Clone it says that it will take 3 hours to make an image on the hard drive.

Because there are these errors on the disc CCD will read it at a slower speed to read more accurate. This takes more time offcourse which explains the 3 hours.

You are saying that CCD says it will take 3 hours, but have you ever just let it run? I often get warnings of that long and even longer, but it doesn’t actually take that long. I think CCD bases the time “guess” on it expecting the errors to be all the way through the disc. The errors are usually only at the beginning and once CCD gets past these errors, things rapidly speed up and CCD updates it’s approximation of the total read time.

Nothing to add :slight_smile: