Taken will not rip

I can’t get Taken to rip out, any suggestions?

Hi rburns and welcome,

[QUOTE=rburns316;2273434]I can’t get Taken to rip out, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Yup.
The more specifics you can give us, the easier it is to provide help.
The devil’s in the details.

As a first guess, alter your Pathplayer settings.
Select [B]always enable [/B]and give it a shot. If no go, then try [B]disable[/B]…or do the reverse.

It should work just fine, there is very little protection on the R1 version. I will go out and get it later this evening. I think Walmart has it for 18.99.:wink:

Agreed. Not much protection on the R1.

Hi rburns316 and welcome to the club ! I am currently ripping Taken as I type this with no problems whatsoever. I’m using a R1 USA version of the movie. Pathplayer is set to Always Enabled. I’m doing it in Full Disc mode. I have it set to skip to first chapter and remove the annoying stuff. I’m useing Verbatium 16x +R media and I’m ripping it with an LG 22x burner. I’m useing the new beta, 6.0.0.5 to give it a test spin. So like maineman has said, either try ripping it with your program set like I have, or if that fails, give us more details. Hope this helps you. ~ Mike

I have tried with and without pathplayer enabled and once it gets to about 46% it says that there is a reading error. It is a new discso I don’t think it would be the disc.

Keep in mind just because it’s new that doesn’t mean it cannot be a bad/inferior pressing. It’s more common than you think. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rburns316;2273514]I have tried with and without pathplayer enabled and once it gets to about 46% it says that there is a reading error. It is a new discso I don’t think it would be the disc.[/QUOTE]
You could have a bad source disc, it happens all the time, some of the pressings are poor when they get to the end of the stamper. Try and get another disc, take that one back to the place where you bought it, or try cleaning it.:wink: [B]EDIT[/B] [B]7th Singer beat to the advice. I didnt see the post, LOL. [/B]

Hello again. Well, I just finished ripping Taken and like Alan and 7thSinger have stated, there isn’t much protection on this movie. That and it isn’t very big either. Only 74% compression. So I hope this gives you some backround. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=alan1476;2273517]You could have a bad source disc, it happens all the time, some of the pressings are poor when they get to the end of the stamper. Try and get another disc, take that one back to the place where you bought it, or try cleaning it.:wink: [B]EDIT[/B] [B]7th Singer beat to the advice. I didnt see the post, LOL. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry Alan…won’t let it happen again. :wink:

I had no problem with it either.

No problems here either and just for grins and giggles I even tried it with DVDShrink and it ripped it
without any problems at all so not much protection on the R1 disc at all. :disagree: