Take back your browser homepage! :)

How to Restore Your Browser Homepage<O:p</O:p

Don’t you love it when you surf the web responsibly, yet you notice somehow your home page has changed–without you changing it? While the solution to this may be accessing your Internet Options box and typing in the address of the page you want to begin on when opening Internet Explorer (if it’s that easy to solve), there can be more to it. For those times this does not work, this article gives a rare step-by-step of how to address the more complicated “greyed out” symptoms that don’t let you change the address easily. What is also noteworthy about this is using a common application to help you fix the problem (specifically Spybot Search and Destroy). (Another useful tip to all users is when asking for help to a computer problem, be as specific as possible in what your system configuration is, as well as what software you run, as this could help provide a potential solution [or help identify a potential conflict].) Due to the user’s specificity, the problem to be solved was greatly increased by all the details she provided:<O:p</O:p

<TABLE style=“WIDTH: 300pt; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in” cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style=“BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent” vAlign=top>Hello, everyone! About three weeks ago, on my brand-new Dell, the Internet Explorer home page was hijacked, and I do not know how to get control back. Any suggestions? I have run a number of antispyware utilities (Ad-aware, SpyBot, Ewido, Spyware Doctor, and Highjackthis) with no luck… I run ZoneAlarm and AVG, all my patches and security updates run every day, and I don’t surf dangerous sites.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
The potential solutions posted included information on how to use System Restore to prevent the home page change from occurring again; what search to use on Google to find more information on this problem; or even trying a “repair-reinstallation of Windows XP” to solve this trouble.<O:p</O:p

This article was published on 4-august-06 here.

Browser homepage hijacking … most annoying thing on the planet.

2 things everyone should know …

1. Don’t use IE.
  2. Don’t surf naughty websites :stuck_out_tongue:

IE is for MS update site ownly as its hacked to dead. More holes than the titanic and resting in the same place.

Wow! That was a great analogy :slight_smile:

Holy crap!
That’s the first time (that I can remember, at least) I’ve used the word Analogy

• Don’t you feel special :wink: