Taiyo Yuden with batch GH007011

vbimport

Seen these at CanadaComputers so I picked up a spindle of 100 16x DVD-R’s. The spindle was plastic wrapped near the bottom with the Taiyo Yuden and MID TYG03 printed on it. It also had the paper top indicating it was made in Japan and manufactured by Taiyo Yuden.

Anyone know if these are good? I would do a test but don’t know how to setup Nero DiskSpeed. Do I just click on “Create Disc” tab and Start? At what speed should I do this at? If someone can guide me I’ll post the results.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9515/tybl3.jpg

Thx

You have a Liteon 20A1H - excellent.

Burn an image or just do a create disc test. Pick any speed you want up to 16x (it may let you select higher). Burn it.

Then put the burnt disc into your liteon. Open cdspeed/diskspeed and go to “disc quality”. Click on the advanced tab and enable jitter. Select 4x as your scan speed because 4x is the standard speed to use for best consistency. Save the results by clicking the floppy disc icon up the top (leave the format as PNG).

Post the results here by attaching the PNG when you post.

And a [I]transfer rate test[/I] (F2) in your 16P9S would nicely compliment the scan. :wink:

Does the spindle look exactly like this?

Here is the scan and yes the spindle is exactly like that.

I can guarantee you that they are 99.99999% real. You probably got good deal on them too.:iagree:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2006437]And a [I]transfer rate test[/I] (F2) in your 16P9S would nicely compliment the scan. ;)[/QUOTE]

Is this what you are looking for?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2006455]I can guarantee you that they are 99.99999% real. You probably got good deal on them too.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

The spindle was $39.99CAD. I don’t know if that is a good deal or not? :confused:

I will pick 8X TY over 16X anytime.

[QUOTE=geekrule;2006468]I will pick 8X TY over 16X anytime.[/QUOTE]

Same Here :iagree:
No More TY 16X media ( Very Bad I did test 6 different Batch ) :a

[QUOTE=CyberPlex;2006458]Is this what you are looking for?[/QUOTE]Yep. :iagree:

Apparently good burn, though as others have mentioned, 8X rated TY generally shows prettier scans and (more important) much better consistency, mainly the +R version YUDEN000T02.

Sidenote: you can install a third-party 16X reading firmware on your 16P9S. I’m pretty sure it’s referenced in the Lite-On section. :wink:

As for the media choice: if 16X it is, I’d rather go with Verbatim +R (MCC 004) than TY.

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2006507]
As for the media choice: if 16X it is, I’d rather go with Verbatim +R (MCC 004) than TY.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree 110% right now :iagree:
Verb New Packaging 16X is 5 times better than TY 16X and much cheaper
Last year TY 16X media was OK but this year my new TY 16X media is totally crap
I keep post scan crap TY 16X media with different writer

Looks like a decent burn to me. :iagree:

[quote=Burnsama;2006509]Yes I agree 110% right now :iagree:
Verb New Packaging 16X is 5 times better than TY 16X and much cheaper
Last year TY 16X media was OK but this year my new TY 16X media is totally crap
I keep post scan crap TY 16X media with different writer[/quote]
I concur, I would also opt for the 8X Yuden 000-T02-000 over the 16X media. I usually can overspeed them to 12X with no ill effects on my BenQ drives, and the difference between 12X and 16X is not that great. A couple of minutes, thats it at most.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2006520]I concur, I would also opt for the 8X Yuden 000-T02-000 over the 16X media. I usually can overspeed them to 12X with no ill effects on my BenQ drives, and the difference between 12X and 16X is not that great. A couple of minutes, thats it at most.[/QUOTE]

I agree alan1476 :iagree:

is it possible to find how each Batch is Performing ? any info on this ?

Not really. You just have to try and get lucky. When you buy Taiyo Yuden media it is not possible to select what batch you get so the information would be irrelevant. In 2005 I bought a case of 8X Yuden 000-T02-000 (48X50spindles) I was very lucky it was a great batch ( 1138) but I just as well could have got batch 1152, 1159, or1162,) all were available at that time and I am not saying that those other batches were poor, far from it, but just not as good as batch 1138. There is absolutely no way of telling unless you open the spindle and look, that said, with the Sony Yudens becoming almost extinct you have to buy Taiyo Yuden online and that makes looking a particular batch impossible.

GH007011 ?!!! :eek:

My Panasonic TYG03 are GH000157 (Old ?!) and they burn better than anything that I tried . But just because Panasonic branded TYG03 is excellent , most of unbranded or Verbatim branded TYG03 are not that great and I agree with the others that generally speaking 8X TY or 16X “real” Verbatim 16x media are better :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2006707]Not really. You just have to try and get lucky. When you buy Taiyo Yuden media it is not possible to select what batch you get so the information would be irrelevant. In 2005 I bought a case of 8X Yuden 000-T02-000 (48X50spindles) I was very lucky it was a great batch ( 1138) but I just as well could have got batch 1152, 1159, or1162,) all were available at that time and I am not saying that those other batches were poor, far from it, but just not as good as batch 1138. There is absolutely no way of telling unless you open the spindle and look, that said, with the Sony Yudens becoming almost extinct you have to buy Taiyo Yuden online and that makes looking a particular batch impossible.[/QUOTE]

thnx alan :bow:

in general the TY DVD+R @ 8x have been THE best i have used :bow: so continue using them

will they stop producing these any time soon ? & push there 16x variant is which not so good :disagree: