Taiyo Yuden Value line

Just purchased a 100 pack of white, writeable Taiyo Yuden disks from Meritline for $28 with no shipping fee, noticed when I got the verification e-Mail that they were Valueline, is there a big difference between this item and the higher grade disks?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2495564]is there a big difference between this item and the higher grade disks?[/QUOTE]

In a word [B]Yes[/B] there is a difference the value line of TY might have some TYG03’s mixed
in with the TYG02’s and you will see higher PIE and PIF totals and more than likely you’ll
see higher spikes on both PIE and PIF and maybe more coasters.

That is why I never buy value line TY’s anymore I’ve been burned on them before and that
is why I always advise people to stay away from TY value line discs.

Thanks for the reply, I hope I get lucky, didn’t mean to buy Valueline, never do, just missed it in the description. I guess, though, except for Verbatims, they should be better then anything else out there. I noticed your burners, I have the exact same ones.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2495683]I hope I get lucky, [/QUOTE]

Maybe you will get lucky and get some that aren’t to bad. When I first tried the
value line way back a long time ago I received a pretty nice stack they weren’t
all that bad but after that first time all I ever received from then on was junk
discs with an average of 20 - 30+ coasters out of 100 discs and the rest that
didn’t coaster didn’t burn all that great either. :disagree:

Value Line = Seconds ,rejects, or in the case of Verbatim Cheaper dies from CMC Mag.

The value line TY/JVC is more of a gamble than the regular TY/JVC, but it’s not too bad. I wouldn’t be using either product for anything essential without an additional backup of a different type, personally.

[QUOTE=~Tild;2496470]The value line TY/JVC is more of a gamble than the regular TY/JVC, but it’s not too bad. I wouldn’t be using either product for anything essential without an additional backup of a different type, personally.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, as for the regular Taiyo Yudens, I assume you are referring to the premium line, as I think there are only two grades, you wouldn’t use the regular(premium) for anything essential? What do you use? Thanks again.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2496529]Thanks for the reply, as for the regular Taiyo Yudens, I assume you are referring to the premium line, as I think there are only two grades, you wouldn’t use the regular(premium) for anything essential? What do you use? Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Oops, yes I meant premium when I said regular.

I honestly don’t burn that much anymore, my data usage isn’t what it used to be. When I do burn things now, it’s either on whatever I have lying around, and only needs to last a few hours, or it’s on Verbatim DVD+RDLs.

Currently most of my data is being backed up on multiple HDDs. I’m hoping to add BD-R based redundancy in the near future, once I’ve become satisfied in the stability of the media. 4.7GB just doesn’t cut it for HD Video Files.

As for my comment about TY, if it were 2-3 years ago, I would have felt a lot differently towards their disc’s consistency.

[QUOTE=~Tild;2497315]Oops, yes I meant premium when I said regular.

I honestly don’t burn that much anymore, my data usage isn’t what it used to be. When I do burn things now, it’s either on whatever I have lying around, and only needs to last a few hours, or it’s on Verbatim DVD+RDLs.

Currently most of my data is being backed up on multiple HDDs. I’m hoping to add BD-R based redundancy in the near future, once I’ve become satisfied in the stability of the media. 4.7GB just doesn’t cut it for HD Video Files.

As for my comment about TY, if it were 2-3 years ago, I would have felt a lot differently towards their disc’s consistency.[/QUOTE]

You use DL’s for burning a movie? I have burned several Blu Rays on both types of disk’s, the 4.7’s and DL’s, in all honesty I did not notice any difference, most of my burns have been on movies of 2Hrs. or less, I understand above that DL’s are better.