Taiyo Yuden the best in the world? DL exist?

vbimport

hi, new here

I new a lot! discs DVD single and DVD DL for burn,

is Taiyo Yuden the best discs in the world?

I dont need print on, I dont care about thermal for print or any way to print on. I can label with a pen…

I see some Taiyo Yuden gold, are the best ones?

Taiyo Yuden DL disc exist? where can buy

please help! I was think in buy hard drives but believe me is a lot info that I need burn, I prefer burn on discs and keep secure

thank you!

Moved from Blank Media Tests subforum.

Taiyo Yuden certainly is one of the best media manufacturers, and their media is sold in retail channels under the JVC brand (and the That’s brand in Japan and Greece). I’ve had 0% data loss with TY media until now, except for accidents that can be attributed to my fault.

Gold media is not necessarily better, while gold is supposed to be chemically inert it also has a lower reflectivity than silver. In practice it shouldn’t make a difference especially if it’s more expensive.

TY doesn’t make DVD+R DL media, but they do DVD-R DL (dash) in the form of 8x DVD-R DL (TYG11). DVD-R DL generally is less popular though as it’s not as compatible as DVD+R DL.
If you prefer DVD+R DL, you could buy Verbatim/Mitsubishi DL media instead.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2627830]Taiyo Yuden certainly is one of the best media manufacturers, and their media is sold in retail channels under the JVC brand (and the That’s brand in Japan and Greece). I’ve had 0% data loss with TY media until now, except for accidents that can be attributed to my fault.

Gold media is not necessarily better, while gold is supposed to be chemically inert it also has a lower reflectivity than silver. In practice it shouldn’t make a difference especially if it’s more expensive.

TY doesn’t make DVD+R DL media, but they do DVD-R DL (dash) in the form of 8x DVD-R DL (TYG11). DVD-R DL generally is less popular though as it’s not as compatible as DVD+R DL.
If you prefer DVD+R DL, you could buy Verbatim/Mitsubishi DL media instead.[/QUOTE]

hi really thank you for the help!

so some more questions please:

ok yes DVD-R DL (I dont know the difference between + and -) but if works with - I dont care, I need space for 8gb you know

second, any trusted store for buy Taiyo Yuden? and cheap?

third which ones are the ones that dont need print on… I mean I dont care print, I prefer the normal default prints that comes with the cds… I just use a pen for branding

four, ok are the best with no loss when burn, but the question is they have a long life, my goal is burn and storage in the same bin for years, for use rarely times… but I dont want loose the info, recently I read on dvdr that I burn some years ago and I have problems, and the dvdr looks scratch free, so the quality is important for preserve.

thank you a lot!

Rima and Supermediastore are some options if you’re in the US, Disc Impex in Greece, I’ve been quite happy with Tomdax (www.tomdax.com) as I’m based in Germany.

To have good write results with TYG11, you will need a fairly recent burner (older models might not have write strategies for these).

You don’t need to print even on printable discs, JVC also sells branded discs in addition to the plain shiny silver ones.

My TY discs have been holding up quite well for years so no problem there as well.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2627853]Rima and Supermediastore are some options if you’re in the US, Disc Impex in Greece, I’ve been quite happy with Tomdax (www.tomdax.com) as I’m based in Germany.

To have good write results with TYG11, you will need a fairly recent burner (older models might not have write strategies for these).

You don’t need to print even on printable discs, JVC also sells branded discs in addition to the plain shiny silver ones.

My TY discs have been holding up quite well for years so no problem there as well.[/QUOTE]

thank you I go to search and I let you know more about it guys! I love this forum

see my burner, Im in a macpro 08, is good?

Yes, the Pioneer 112 series support TYG11.
http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/pdf/DVR112_128.pdf

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2627856]Yes, the Pioneer 112 series support TYG11.
http://pioneer.jp/device_e/product-e/ibs/device_e/pdf/DVR112_128.pdf[/QUOTE]

wow great!

the TYG11 are the DL right?

I see http://www.supermediastore.com/brand/show/taiyo+yuden

1. but I see a lot, first I cant find any DL
  2. I see 4 surfaces:

Silver Inkjet
Silver Lacquer
White Inkjet
White Thermal

so all TY are printable’s??

1. in the pdf say 2x to 8x… so for best results is burn in 2x? or that is just a urban legend? I dont care the time, I want the best results

2. mmm any mac user here? I hate toast for burn, is better disk utility right?

thank you!!! :bow:

[QUOTE=spatafore;2627854]thank you I go to search and I let you know more about it guys! I love this forum

see my burner, Im in a macpro 08, is good?

[/QUOTE]

Your burner is good, but has a crap firmware.