Taiyo Yuden Media

Hello All,

After reading several posts regarding the successful use of Taiyo Yuden media, I think I’d like to give them a try. I’ve searched several retailers in my area, but I can’t seem to find anyone who sells that particular brand of discs. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this brand of software??? Thank you!

:confused:

[quote=rack85;2197074]Hello All,

After reading several posts regarding the successful use of Taiyo Yuden media, I think I’d like to give them a try. I’ve searched several retailers in my area, but I can’t seem to find anyone who sells that particular brand of discs. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase this brand of software??? Thank you!

:confused:[/quote]
wrong section for asking this but you can only buy them online as no retailer sells them. I believe newegg.com or newegg.ca have them and blankmedia.ca also Blankdvdmedia.com. The ones I find the best are the 8x +R with the MID YUDEN-000-T02

You will have to buy them online.

Where in the world are you located?

[QUOTE=GJ;2197098] The ones I find the best are the 8x +R with the MID YUDEN-000-T02[/QUOTE]
Agree, overall “YUDEN000 T02” is my favorite and best performing media, bar none. You’ll pay a bit more, but you can often find sales and free shipping.
TY -R performs excellently too.

Beware substitutes, but for starters you can try: Rima, Supermediastore, Meritline…not sure if Newegg and Mirocenter still carry TY +R.
Like I said, be certain to check the MID…sometimes you’ll have to [I]guesstimate[/I] based on user reviews. Your choice on that one.

Take a look at cdf’s Bargain Basement thread.

BTW, no such thing as TY +R DL media…and TY -R DL was a bust.

Thread moved to Blank Media Forum.

Sorry for the mis-catagorization of my question regarding the Taiyo Yuden Media. Thank you all for the information for finding this media. I’ve been using Sony, Maxell & Memorex without any problems in the past, but I’m sure it’s a matter of opinion when it comes to the subject of clarity and playability. I’ve only been in the game a few months now, but I’m learning more and more everyday.
Maineman, GJ, Alan, DrageMester… Thank you for taking time to reply to my inquiry!

rack85
U.S.A.

[quote=rack85;2198700]U.S.A.[/quote] In that case you may want to have a look at Rima’s selection of Taiyo Yuden media.

Aaaah … Taiyo Yuden. A subject near and dear to me :slight_smile:

Despite living in Ireland, I recently placed an order for some bits and pieces of blank media (they have some nice Prodisc coloured substrate printable top media that isn’t anywhere else, plus their shipping charges are quite reasonable), from an American webshop called Genesys DTP.

If all goes according to plan I will be recommending this shop to all U.S. CDfreaks, particularly if you want to obtain Taiyo Yuden and/or a wide range of Verbs in small quantities (10 disc packs of TY are common, as are low quantities of Verbatim media of all types).

I found Taiyo Yuden CD’s at pricewatch.com under /Other/Media