Taiyo Yuden may release OEM orders to CMC, Ritek

vbimport

Taiyo Yuden may release OEM orders to CMC, Ritek, says newspaper
Adam Hwang, DIGITIMES, Taipei [Wednesday 29 September 2010]
Japan-based Taiyo Yuden has decided to reduce its monthly capacity of blank CD-R and DVD optical discs by 40.9% from 110 million discs currently to 65 million discs to cope with increased production cost due to the yen’s appreciation, and may cover the gap by releasing OEM orders to Taiwan-based CMC Magnetics and Ritek, according to the Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN).

http://www.newzfor.me/news/95926888.aspx

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Another one bites the dust so to speak there goes the only one left that
didn’t outsource any of their media to crap makers CMC / Ritek this will be
a sad day indeed when TY comes down to Memowreck / CMC MAG / Ritek :Z
levels. :sad: :sad: :frowning: :doh:

TY has been making a lot of really poor business decisions for the last couple of years. I can’t say this possibility surprises me.

Long term, someone else with some vision needs to take over the Taiyo Yuden optical media division. The current leaders are running it into the ground.

[QUOTE=~Tild;2548402]TY has been making a lot of really poor business decisions for the last couple of years. I can’t say this possibility surprises me.

Long term, someone else with some vision needs to take over the Taiyo Yuden optical media division. The current leaders are running it into the ground.[/QUOTE]

It just means that they don’t really care about the optical media business anymore( as the lack of R&D also shows).

I doubt any change in leadership would result in much difference, especially when economic realities are the driving force. Virtually all other Japanese manufacturers have pulled out of the market, which kinda says something.

[QUOTE=Skua;2548446]Virtually all other Japanese manufacturers have pulled out of the market, which kinda says something.[/QUOTE]

Panasonic / Matsushita, Verbatim / MKM, Taiyo Yuden, and TDK all make media in Japan still. It’s just that TY is the only company making CD-Rs and DVD-Rs for general consumption in Japan. Why TY hasn’t moved production of those products to their Chinese plant is beyond me. Japan should be reserved for high end products that can still make money, like dual layer blu-ray media.

[QUOTE=~Tild;2548689]Why TY hasn’t moved production of those products to their Chinese plant is beyond me. Japan should be reserved for high end products that can still make money, like dual layer blu-ray media.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. Now it may be too late for this step.

I better buy another 200 Ty Yuden T02 Printables from Rima now before you cant buy the Yudens anymore.:confused:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I guess i had better buy 200 CD-R blanks