Taiyo Yuden introduces new "Triple Guard" DVD-R

On May 24, 2007, Taiyo Yuden announced the introduction of the new That’s “Triple Guard” DVD-R product series.

The triple protection of the recording side is achieved by three components:

1. Scratch guard: 200x more durable to scratches than ordinary Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. Prevents accidental scratches that may occur while putting the disc into and getting it out of the case or drive.
  2. Fingerprint protection: The stickiness on the Triple Guard surface is less than 1/7 of the stickiness on normal Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.
  3. Static protection: 1000x more static electric discharge, compared to normal Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

The new, inkjet-printable Triple Guard 16x DVD-R will be released to the market on June 12 in 10 slim jewel case packs and 50 disc cakeboxes, for both (CPRM) video and data usage.

Source: http://www.yuden.co.jp/jp/release/pdf/pdf_481.pdf

Wow, that sounds really good. I hope they’d add some kind of sunlight filter as well, but then again they performed better in dvd-r.jpn.org’s sunlight test than in the scratch test.
(Don’t kick me if I misunderstood anything, I used a lot of Excite’s translation power… :o)

The PDF is a lot more detailed and contains a pic of the new packaging as well :bigsmile:
Let’s hope that this media will hit the shores of Europe soon.

Nice one, Evilboy - does sound interesting :iagree:

:iagree:

In your dreams :bigsmile: :wink: (or maybe the dolphins will bring to the shores of Greece :doh: ).

Either TY doesn’t have much faith in BD/HD or they have a creative marketing dept. :slight_smile:

j/k :flower:

Well, I’m not sure whether the dolphins are involved :stuck_out_tongue:

They sure do have a creative marketing department, and IMO DVD media will still be mainstream for a few years, at least until BD burners can be had for less than $200 or $100 (the magic thresholds!!).

Aye :wink:
I’m a $200 man myself :wink:

Have to jump on the bandwagon early … otherwise I can’t answer any questions :stuck_out_tongue: