Taiyo Yuden....Good Deal

Tried to get in on best buys deal for the Fuji’s made by TY…but all I could find were the ones made in Tiawan… :<( Sams Club was a block away so went over there…They have Maxell CD-R music 80 min 700 mb 50 pack spindels for $12 and some change…they have 2 differnt spindels one is shrink wraped in gold…does not say where it was made…they show these on their on line store as made in Tiawan…they also had spindels shrink wraped in red these say made in Japan…hopeing these were TY I bought a Spindel…Checked one with NERO…says Manufactured by TAIYO YUDEN…went back bought 4 more Spindels .25-.26 each not to bad for TY…plus you dont have to mess with REBATES…If you want them with jewel cases 50 are $17…made in JAPAN…so I guess there are TY too…You can get the ones with cases thru their online store they say on thier website they are made in Japan…if you buy the Spindel ones on line you probably get made in Tiawn ones…not the greatest price but at least I 250 TY’s in hand…they are getting harder to find…Big John

I got my order from bestbuy. Got a single smashed 100 spindle made in tawain

Originally posted by BangBang
I got my order from bestbuy. Got a single smashed 100 spindle made in tawain

Did any survive to pull an ATIP and determine the manufacturer?

Media : CD-R/RW media
Media : CD-R media
Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
Disc(Matrix) Manufacturer : Prodisc Technology Inc.
Recording Characteristics : Short Strategy Type (ex. Phthalocyanine type media)
Indicative Target Writing Power : 6 mW
Use : Restricted
Capacity (nominal) : 702.83 Mb

HOLY CRAP C- ??? !!! man, fuji is shooting themselves in the foot for sure !!

Subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)

Originally posted by lagger

HOLY CRAP C- ??? !!! man, fuji is shooting themselves in the foot for sure !!
And what can you say about this ? :

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR B[/B]
Lead In = 97:27:56
Lead Out = 79:59:74
Nominal = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f/LBA:359849)
Manufacturer = Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
Cur. Speed = Wrt(24X),Rd(12X)

ATIP info from disk - Read by Feurio 1.66
Recorder: LITE-ON - LTR-52246S
ATIP start of lead in: -02:32:19 (sector: -11419)
ATIP start of lead out: 79:59:74 (sector: 359999)
Manufacturer code: 97 27 56 - Mitsui Chemicals, Inc (Type: 6)
Disc subtype: Medium Type C, low Beta category (C-)
Target writing power: 4

Btw, “+” & “-” have nothing with the disc quality to do, they are just Betas.

I think I’ve also seen these maxell music cd-rs also. I thought music cd-rs were for stand-alone stereos and if I were to use the music cd-rs for the computer don’t they have a bad error check ratio.

Originally posted by Alucard

I think I’ve also seen these maxell music cd-rs also. I thought music cd-rs were for stand-alone stereos and if I were to use the music cd-rs for the computer don’t they have a bad error check ratio.
Those are meant to be recorded on standalone writers but, of course, it’s all right to use them for the PC.
My latest example :

Originally posted by BoSkin

Yamaha F1E 1.0g 700MB Audio

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR
Material = Phthalocyanine
Lead In = 97:15:17
Lead Out = 79:59:73
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB
Manufacturer Maybe = RiTEK,JS
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = 48X(Write)

Sold as Fuji Audio 30pk

SW - Feurio

So does that mean that music cd-rs contain C1, C2&C3 error checks? And can I burnt data onto music cd-rs? By data I mean software and games etc. Would you recommend it, why or why not? Thanks!

The Maxell CD-r music audio I bought from Best Buy were made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden,one of the better manufactures…The only difference is that a music CD-r has a code on it that is needed for certain Stand alone records to burn the disc…Royalty crap!!!
I just transfered to The ty-maxell cd-r’s From my old Pc over 1,300 MP3’s …over 3,000 pictures JPG’s and a couple hundred files all in data format to my new PC,without a hitch…took about 10 CD-rs…now I have all my stuff in my new PC and backed up on CD-r…If the Audio Cd-r’s are made by a good company you should have no problems…Big John

By data I mean software and games etc. Would you recommend it, why or why not?
If you don’t mind paying more (because of the royalties),
then it’s okay to burn data ( read - soft, games, etc ) onto it.
I still recommend you to buy those discs, simply because they are Taiyo Yuden.
What to keep on it is up to you. No difference in that sense. :wink:

Hey Boskin what software are you using to give you the info on the cd-r? Where can I get this software?

Hey Boskin what software are you using to give you the info on the cd-r?
Where can I get this software?

Here u go !

Well, that was accordingly [COLOR=blue]SmartBurn 3.16 and Feurio 1.66 ( CD Writer > Extras > Output ATIP info )

You can also do it with the following utilities :

Nero CDSpeed ( Extra > Disc Info ), Nero InfoTool ( Disc tab ) - both can be found here

CDR Identifier 1.63

KProbe ( Disc Info tab )[/COLOR]

:smiley: