Taiyo Yuden DVD-/+Rs availability in the USA

vbimport

A friend, visiting soon from the US, has offered to bring me any blank DVDs and CDs I’d like. So I’m wondering if Taiyo Yuden-made DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs are available at any of the major chain stores in the USA. If so, I’d much appreciate some details.

Incidentally, my friend is coming from Portland, Oregon.

(Here in Thailand there’s no Plextor DVDs, no Fujis, the TDK 4x DVD-Rs are now all Taiwan-made, and the few That’s DVD+Rs that were about have all vanished.)

The only TY’s I know of here are the Fuji 4x DVD-R’s in boxes of 10 Jewel cases. As long as he gets ones that say “Made in Japan” on the side you should be good. I’ve seen these at both Best Buy and Compusa. Sadly those are it for TY’s in the USA that I know of in retail stores. Now TY’s are readily available online in the USA, but thats another story.

Who has TY +R’s for sale online?

Originally posted by justsatorn

So I’m wondering if Taiyo Yuden-made DVD-Rs or DVD+Rs are available at any of the major chain stores in the USA.
I guess there would be much easier ( a safe of time, which is money :wink: ),
if your friend just ordered the TY as follows :

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R silver lacquer media, 4.7GB, 4x, 50 Pc. cakebox

Originally posted by nailbomb

Good question. I’ve never seen +r’s, except the ones on ebay.

Originally posted by nailbomb

Well, Plextor brand DVD+R discs are actually made by Taiyo Yuden, and they can be found from the following source:

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=1581700&zip_code=32601&ut=3f5d403ed382b224

The only question is does anyone want to pay such a premium for these TY discs?

Originally posted by synergy3618

The only question is does anyone want to pay such a premium for these TY discs?
“Such a premium” is business as usual in Sweden :Z - $3 á piece is just a common price.

Taiyo yuden +R’s
http://asp.issidata.com/dvdstorecompbulk.asp?gonow=DVD%2BR47ZZSB4&manid=TYD

I have purchased from the above supplier and they had very good customer service. The +R’s burned at 8x with no problem also.

www.rima.com is now carrying taiyo yuden 4x+r’s for 168 dollars for a hundred, also 8x certified ritek is in stock.