Taiyo Yuden Discs

Hi
Hope this is the right place to ask this please?
I have bought a spindle of the TY discs (100) and they don’t come in any sort of container. The last lot I left in the sticky plastic they come in and it gets difficult getting them out.
I took this off this time and I was wondering if there is any clever way of storing them safely please?
Can’t think of anything and sorry if this is a dumb question.
All the other discs I have bought come on a spindle for easy storage and of course I have thrown them all out.
Many thanks
Angie

Hi Angie :slight_smile:

I’ve bought 100-packs of TY discs (both CDR and DVD+R) packaged in the same way, and what I tend to do is save empty 50 spindles after I’ve used up the discs, and dump the TYs in there.

So, next time you finish up a spindle, it’s worth hanging onto the empty cakebox :slight_smile: (not that that’s going to do you much good right now, but for in the future…).

Better yet, dump them in a 100pk spindle, and along with a cutting implement, proceed to unpack them from the spindle. :slight_smile: Takes about 10 seconds. :flower:

As above I use left over spindles.

I hate the 100 pack (TY) cakeboxes. I haven’t got hands big enough to open them properly so the discs end up going everywhere :o

When I bought a 100 spindle of Panny TYG03s (in TY cakebox), the first thing I did was split 'em up into two 50 spindles. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2210027]I hate the 100 pack (TY) cakeboxes. I haven’t got hands big enough to open them properly so the discs end up going everywhere :o

When I bought a 100 spindle of Panny TYG03s (in TY cakebox), the first thing I did was split 'em up into two 50 spindles. :)[/QUOTE]

Ooo 'em furry kitty hands don’t work well with big cakeboxes eh? :stuck_out_tongue: My OCD dictates that I put 100pk purchases in 100pk spindles - and I eventually move them over to 50pk spindles when they’re halved. :smiley:

Okay, thanks heaps.
Will go hunting for empty spindle holders somewhere…must have something stored that I’ve forgotten!
Cheers
Angie