Taiyo Yuden changing name to JVC?

vbimport

Was shopping for a good deal on 200 TY DVD-R’s and saw this as I was about to check out:

Effective Oct 2009: Taiyo Yuden Brand Name Has Formally Changed to JVC (JDMR-ZZ-SB). Products May Be Shipped in JVC Packaging.-200 Pack
Free standard shipping

Is this just for Meritline.com or is this happening everywhere? Are the disc’s quality going to be in question now? I have been spoiled with TY for a couple years now and am concerned I’ll start getting coasters again.

Buk.

This has been known for some time that Taiyo Yuden would be selling products under the JVC brand name, and it is happening everywhere in the US and Europe at least. Taiyo Yuden didn’t really have its own brand name outside of Asia (That’s CD/DVD).

[QUOTE=BukowskiSoul;2471889]Was shopping for a good deal on 200 TY DVD-R’s and saw this as I was about to check out:

Effective Oct 2009: Taiyo Yuden Brand Name Has Formally Changed to JVC (JDMR-ZZ-SB). Products May Be Shipped in JVC Packaging.-200 Pack
Free standard shipping

Is this just for Meritline.com or is this happening everywhere? Are the disc’s quality going to be in question now? I have been spoiled with TY for a couple years now and am concerned I’ll start getting coasters again.[/QUOTE]

This is happening worldwide. Do some searching in the forum for discussions of what the changes mean.

They still ID as TY and are MIJ. For the first time I found TY DL discs under the JVC label. I haven’t burned one yet to see how they compare to Verbs. Has anyone tried them?

These will be TYG11, Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R DL.
Scans => http://club.myce.com/f76/taiyo-yuden-dvd-r-dl-237078/

Not (yet?) rivaling the MKM001/003s…

I’m still to get my paws on any of these :doh:…seems the B&M stores I use are a bit behind the times!

In fact I have never seen the new JVCs in regular retail channels until now. I have only found them available in online shops and on eBay.
That’s why I sent them an e-mail (contact form) about the retail availability of the media in Germany. Still waiting for their reply since it’s all holidays now, but I really wonder what I will receive :slight_smile:

Be sure to let us know, as UK B&M availability may follow behind. :wink:

We have these discs here, but for that price i will stay with verbatim +R DL

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2507376]In fact I have never seen the new JVCs in regular retail channels until now. I have only found them available in online shops and on eBay.
[I]That’s[/I] why I sent them an e-mail (contact form) about the retail availability of the media in Germany. Still waiting for their reply since it’s all holidays now, but I really wonder what I will receive :)[/QUOTE]
You will be sorely disapointed with them. They are no better than the Value Line series :(. The TYG03 is terrible.

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2507494]You will be sorely disapointed with them. They are no better than the Value Line series :(. The TYG03 is terrible.[/QUOTE]
I got stuck with 200 of them ( TYG03) , they are not very good, all I can say is that the movies play, other than that they are just like any other disc.:wink: At least they are hubprintable and I can use them.

^ and ^^ I heard the same :iagree:…but you know what media addiction is like. You have to try a new media just because :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2507502]I got stuck with 200 of them ( TYG03) , they are not very good, all I can say is that the movies play, other than that they are just like any other disc.:wink: At least they are hubprintable and I can use them.[/QUOTE]
well that is the important part anyhow :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2507508]^ and ^^ I heard the same :iagree:…but you know what media addiction is like. You have to try a new media [I]just because[/I] :)[/QUOTE]
LOL…This is true.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2507508]You have to try a new media just because :[/QUOTE]

It is like when someone asks you the question (why did you climb the mountain?)
your answer is [B][because it was there.][/B]

the question (why did you buy that media?)
well…your answer is [B][because it was there][/B] :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2507516]It is like when someone asks you the question (why did you climb the mountain?)

well…your answer is [B][because it was there][/B] :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
Brilliant :bow:

[QUOTE=getit29;2507516]It is like when someone asks you the question (why did you climb the mountain?)

well…your answer is [B][because it was there][/B] :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. :bigsmile:

(Oh, I also asked them whether they might introduce 8x DVD media later on for standalone and video recording. Maybe they’ll consider me a lunatic. :p)

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2507565](Oh, I also asked them whether they might introduce 8x DVD media later on for standalone and video recording. Maybe they’ll consider me a lunatic. :p)[/QUOTE]

I bet I can guess what the answer will be (to both points). NO and YES? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2507605]I bet I can guess what the answer will be (to both points). NO and YES? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Wait a minute… it’s NO and NO as there is only one [B]lunatic[/B] here :iagree: :smiley: