Taiyo Yuden cds - Fujifilm

I just got some fujifilm cds from best buy.
here’s the ATIP info:

ATIP: 97m 24s 01f
Disc Manufacturer: Taiyo Yuden Company Ltd.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f / LBA: 359847)

I only have a 24x cdr, and these cds are rated at that speed (that’s what it says on the package). But I wanna know what the max speed on these are. My friend got a new 52x burner, and he wants to know for sure, before he buys them.

I’m guessing I can burn these at 32x w/o problems… but that’s just my guess :slight_smile:

Anyone have any idea?

It used to be OK for me to burn those @40.
The software , which your friend uses, will definitely define the max speed though.

Yes, I agree with BoSkin. I have had several Fuji 50-pack spindles that were rated at 24x on the package. They will burn at 40x without a problem, but i doubt that they will go much faster than that without errors.

awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks guys

I just bought a 50 pack spindle of those, and they are rated at 40x. Did you get the rainbow assortment?

The 24x rated are the earlier TY media. Fuji never rated them past 24x, but most other brands rated them at 32x, most notably Memorex and TDK, (as well as TY). The 40x and 48x are the latest TY media. The rainbow colors are just the same media with paint on them.
For error-free discs, I’d burn the 24x at 32x, but they can also be used at 40x with very few errors. It really depends on the individual drive. They’re great for audio, because many older audio players will track them very well.