Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs in Canada? Are these real?

I read the Taiyo Yuden FAQ but there is not much in there about where to get the CD-Rs in Canada.

This store is like a block from my house, but when I google the item code, it doesn’t come back with much to confirm they are real TY CD-Rs.

Here is the link:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=013217&cid=719

How can I tell if these are real or not?

Thanks!

Hi psycholover,
welcome to the forum!
Those CD-Rs are real Taiyo Yudens, although from Value line which is usually a bit worse in terms of quality than Premium line. Presently, no company makes CD-Rs with fake TY ATIPs. Fortunately.

[QUOTE=pepst;2280725]Hi psycholover,
welcome to the forum!
Those CD-Rs are real Taiyo Yudens, although from Value line which is usually a bit worse in terms of quality than Premium line. Presently, no company makes CD-Rs with fake TY ATIPs. Fortunately.[/QUOTE]

Hey pepst, thanks for the fast reply!

I don’t know much about these things (I think ATIP stands for Absolute Time in Pre-Groove, correct? although I don’t know what that means lol)

So are you saying that the Value lines would have possible playback errors while the Premium would not?

Would they be worth buying or no? I am planning to add audio tracks to them, burn and finalize for playback in CD players.

[QUOTE=psycholover;2280813]Hey pepst, thanks for the fast reply!

I don’t know much about these things (I think ATIP stands for Absolute Time in Pre-Groove, correct? although I don’t know what that means lol)

So are you saying that the Value lines would have possible playback errors while the Premium would not?

Would they be worth buying or no? I am planning to add audio tracks to them, burn and finalize for playback in CD players.[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome. :flower:
TY Value line is just slightly worse than Premium line (at least when it comes to CD-Rs) and is still better than 80% of other CD-R brands on the market.
They are definitely worth buying, even though I would rather buy some printable or labeled media because the “shiny” top Cd-Rs are more prone to damage (there is only a thin lacquer layer to protect the data layer).

[QUOTE=pepst;2280838]You’re welcome. :flower:
TY Value line is just slightly worse than Premium line (at least when it comes to CD-Rs) and is still better than 80% of other CD-R brands on the market.
They are definitely worth buying, even though I would rather buy some printable or labeled media because the “shiny” top Cd-Rs are more prone to damage (there is only a thin lacquer layer to protect the data layer).[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Thanks again.