Capacity: : 79:59.72
: 703 MB
Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Closed

I’d call that an excellent result. :slight_smile:

The pics are huge :stuck_out_tongue:

But I too would call it excellent :slight_smile:

This is what is to be expected for a [I]very[/I] good @32X burn of these discs. :iagree: I rarely can achieve so low C1 average with my own TY and 1650. In general it’s between 0.8 and 1.2 (which is already very good…)

My only complaint, which concerns TY CDrs as a whole whatever the burner used, is the high (as reported by Benq drives) jitter from higher (> 12X) burning speeds. Though I don’t care that much for data discs, I don’t like this for audio. The only burning speed with my TY CDRs to allow constant < 8% jitter is… @8X. :frowning:

Still, this doesn’t prevent me to use almost exclusively TY CDRs for audio, as I noticed that even with higher reported jitter, they are extraordinarily compatible with most audio players… and incredibly stable. love

I like (genuine) Maxell CDRs too, but they are incredibly hard to find at a reasonable price in my area (five years ago it was the opposite, we had Maxells everywhere, and TY was almost nowhere to be found!).

MAXELL Audio CD-R is better than Maxell CD-R pro because 30% lower C1 error
( in my test C1 avg 0.20 - 0.35 with Premium2 CD-RW 4X burn AMQR on )

? Uh? :confused: Audio CD-RW? Never heard of that…
Also, what’s AMQR?

I guess you get lower C1 with “special for audio” CDRs mainly from the mandatory slower burning speed, but I can be wrong.

Oh, I get it now about the “RW”, you were referring to the Plextor Premium2 CD (re)writer, not the blanks, right?

Yes Plextor Premium2 CD writer
I mean Maxell have 2 kind Audio CD-R and CD-R Pro both TY
but CD-R Pro is more money for than Audio CD-R
My test was CD-R pro was more C1 error and Audio CD-R was lower C1 error
with plextor CD-writer
P.S I post some scan for plextor CD-writer result with 4X burn AMQR on
Memorex brand Ritek CD-R

Yum, the Premium2 seems to be just as outstanding a CD burner than the Premium was… that scan is mouthwatering. :stuck_out_tongue: (though i can get better jitter from my NEC 4550 8X burns… :bigsmile: )

I just googled for AMRQ, found “Audio Mastering Recording Quality”, so I guess it’s like PowerRec (or VariRec? Can’t remember…). I was never convinced with this feature which benefits can’t be proven in the least, as listening tests were never conducted in (simple or double) blind. But I can forgive some marketing crap as the burners themselves are so good at what they do… :slight_smile: