Taiyo Yuden CD-R Questions

vbimport

What is the best place to buy unbranded, printable TY CD-Rs? (I mean online, like SuperMediaStore.com)

I also may want to look at my local Staples or Walmart for TYs. Is it easy to find a “Made in Japan” spindle?

Off-topic question: I heard that Memorex is “coaster city.” I have CMC Memorex discs, and they produce no coasters. Is this normal?

Thanks!

Have you looked at www.rima.com?

Last I heard, our US members regarded them rather highly. Don’t know if this is still the case…?

As for Memorex-branded CMC - I’ve had some Memorex CMC MAG. AM3s (16x -R), and while they burned nicely enough with no playback/read back problems to start with, they started to deteriorate after 6 months or so.

Other brands I’ve used (Infiniti, TDK) have held up a bit better. After similar experiences with Memorex + other MIDs, I’m of the opinion that Memorex don’t exactly get the cream of the crop when it comes to discs.

But that’s just me. :wink:

I’ve given up on finding Made in Japan disks (DVD) locally (Tulsa OK USA). I used to be able to get them at Best Buy and CompUSA. My local WalMarts have quit handling Maxell CD-R Pro which were Tayo Yuden. At least at that time.

Rima or NewEgg have some choices. I’d buy the best price at the time I needed them.