Taiyo Yuden CD-R JVC From Supermediastore

vbimport

Just received 100pk cake spindle from SMS.

JVC 52x CD-R Silver Thermal Printable 100pk $28.99 to my door.
CDR Lacquer Made In Japan

Looks like normal TY Cake Box. Spaced with foam spacers so no play.

Packed very well with bubble wrap then peanuts.

I am posting a few burns and scans. They are OK. I have had better TY but these are as good as I can find for the price.

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2533795]Just received 100pk cake spindle from SMS.

JVC 52x CD-R Silver Thermal Printable 100pk $28.99 to my door.
CDR Lacquer Made In Japan

Looks like normal TY Cake Box. Spaced with foam spacers so no play.

Packed very well with bubble wrap then peanuts.

I am posting a few burns and scans. They are OK. I have had better TY but these are as good as I can find for the price.[/QUOTE]
the jitter is awesome :clap:

48x Burn with 203B Burner Jitter not so good at 48x. I always burn at 16x or so any way. Not sure what trt is the correct one here lol, but all trt’s looked ok.

Some other scans

James…I never get that “Magic” media" like you do lol. However, not bad for the money. If not TY, then what do you get? I plan to read up on the Falcon media, if they even make CD-R, and if they are decent quality/price??

I am posting burn scan by BenQ, not all that good at CD-R media, even the older TY CD-R. The Samsung 203B is the best CD-R burner I have.

Scan of wrap that is around the cake box.

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2533795]They are OK. I have had better TY but these are as good as I can find for the price.[/QUOTE] In my opinion, there is no significant difference between the scans you are getting and a “perfect” scan. Your C1s are low and your jitter is as low as your BenQ drive can report (judging by my own scans).

The little CDFreak voice inside your head is telling you that scans could be better, but that’s only because the CDFreak voice suffers from OCD…or is that OCD-R? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2533796]the jitter is awesome :clap:[/QUOTE] Indeed! :iagree:

[QUOTE=Roadhog;2533798]48x Burn with 203B Burner Jitter not so good at 48x. I always burn at 16x or so any way. Not sure what trt is the correct one here lol, but all trt’s looked ok.[/QUOTE] Judging by your scan, there’s a good chance you’d get optimal jitter even with a 32x burn - jitter only rises when burn speed hits 40x or so.