Taiyo Yuden: Can you trust net companies

I know this sounds so simple, but I just typed, taiyo yuden, in a google search and there are quite a few websites that claim to sell Taiyo Yuden cd-r media.

The cheapest was from a company called Rima.com. They sell 100 packs for $28 US. They also sell other media i.e. cd-rw, dvd-r(w), and much more.

I checked out their site and found that they are out of Industry Ca., which is kind of deja vu because I used to work in the city of Industry.

Here’s the link: http://www.rima.com

This is my first post, but I hope it’s helpful.:slight_smile:

Cheapness has nothing to do with quality. I bought 2 50-packs from best buy for under 10 bucks. If the cd’s are made in Japan then they are probably TY’s. That Industry location is probably where they are distributed from.

Originally posted by BobbyBPfriendly

The cheapest was from a company called Rima.com. They sell 100 packs for $28 US. They also sell other media i.e.
cd-rw, dvd-r(w), and much more.

Seeing your post I’ve recalled a couple of [COLOR=indigo]posts by Kenshin , where Rima.com is mentioned.
Hopefully this helps, too.[/COLOR]

BoSkin, thank you for the info on Kenshin and his postings mentioning the same sight. I will have to check my local stores for cd-r media, I just ordered my first burner so I am really new at this.

I have spent the last few weeks searching the web trying to learn all I can about them. My final choice was the Yamaha crw F1, I couldn’t resist the chance to put an image on a cd, plus it looks like it comes with a great software bundle.

Now I just need to find out which is the best disk for burning those tatoos and I’ll be happy for a change. :bow: I do want to be happy! :cool:

BobbyBPfriendly,

Thanks for your response !

Well, let’s just hope that the both Yamaha CRW-F1 and Taiyo Yuden will meet your strict demands.
And let the happiness in ! :smiley:

Meanwhile, as for TY, keep studying this forum as well as [COLOR=indigo]General Hardware Forum
to find out more about the mentioned driver and all its pros and cons.

Regards,

[/COLOR]:wink:

Rima.com is one of the many US-based retail sites I often visit mainly to compare prices. Taiyo Yuden is one of the largest optical storage media manufacturers in Japan and it also has production lines outside Japan. As TY is one of the original CD-R inventors and continues volume production, it could remain competitive while many other Japanese and South Korean companies gave up.

1,200 TY 48x 700MB CD-R for $280

Maybe one can buy 10,000 units of Taiyo Yuden 48x 700MB CD-R for under 2,000 USD (especially if you live in a dorm or can share the media with friends in any other way.)

Happy tatooing and merry Christmas. :slight_smile: