Taiyo yuden best choice for SL?

vbimport

I need the higher quality possible blank dvd’s for my games.
Im gonna buy online games through online disturbation website which giving you the option burn the game on a dvd.

I need my blank dvd’s to last as long as it can…
I think that taiyo yuden is the best choice for SL… correct me if im wrong…?

I though buying from super media store.

You are not wrong. JVC ( Taiyo Yuden are the best SL media on the market ( IMO).:iagree:

Can you please direct me which one to buy?
I see that there is a lot of them on super media store.

Is there a specific countries in taiyo yuden just like in verbatim? [singapore, taiwan, etc…].

Is this good?

Should i go for the 52X speed?

[QUOTE=tan21;2545431]Can you please direct me which one to buy?
I see that there is a lot of them on super media store.

Is there a specific countries in taiyo yuden just like in verbatim? [singapore, taiwan, etc…].

Is this good?

Should i go for the 52X speed?[/QUOTE]

Nope only 1 country makes genuine TY media and that is Japan. :iagree:
52x would be a CD disc and not a DVD disc and I would imagine
most games now days are more than 700MB in size more like in
the 2 to 4+ GB size.

I would have to personally recommend these TY discs right here
8x +R Yuden000 T02 discs because it just doesn’t get much better
than these discs for burn quality. :disagree:
http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-plus-r-media-white-inkjet-hub-printable-100-pack?filter=brand%3DTAIYO+YUDEN&max=15&offset=0

Another TY discs I would also recommend is the 8x -R TYG02 discs
I guess it really just depends on whether you prefer -R to +R discs
as they are both excellent discs. :iagree:

Yo tan21-

Another very good vendor for Taiyo Yuden media is www.rima.com

I always look at both Rima and Supermediastore - [B][I][U]including shipping prices[/U][/I][/B] - before making my decision. Also - I find that by buying 200 or more at a time lowers the per 100 shipping cost dramatically-eh.

Just found out that super media store wont ship to my country.
Ill buy from “rima”.
Is this good?

https://www.rima.com/prod/1760-100.html

[QUOTE=tan21;2545576]Just found out that super media store wont ship to my country.
Ill buy from “rima”.
Is this good?

https://www.rima.com/prod/1760-100.html[/QUOTE]

In a word [U][B]YES[/B][/U] that is an excellent choice :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2545470]Yo tan21-

Another very good vendor for Taiyo Yuden media is www.rima.com

I always look at both Rima and Supermediastore - [B][I][U]including shipping prices[/U][/I][/B] - before making my decision. Also - I find that by buying 200 or more at a time lowers the per 100 shipping cost dramatically-eh.[/QUOTE]

I concur with bigmike. Rima is the best place to purchase the unbranded Taiyo Yuden discs. They are much faster at processing and shipping orders than supermediastore and their prices are often the same after shipping. The only time supermediastore is better is if you are doing a huge bulk order of discs and usually only in the value line (which is a little less consistent with quality).

100pack on rima cost only 32$… isnt it a little bit cheap for such a good blank dvds?:confused:

Erg… forget it, they dont ship to my country. what a pain to live here.

Any other stores where i can buy Taiyo Yuden online with wide shipping?

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2545876]I concur with bigmike. Rima is the best place to purchase the unbranded Taiyo Yuden discs. They are much faster at processing and shipping orders than supermediastore and their prices are often the same after shipping. The only time supermediastore is better is if you are doing a huge bulk order of discs and usually only in the value line (which is a little less consistent with quality).[/QUOTE]
Media Supply also is an authorized seller of TY. It is often cheaper to purchase from their website instead of their Amazon store. I get my disks faster from Media Supply than from Rima, but I primarily purchase from RIMA. The downside to Media Supply is that they have less DVD+R selection than RIMA. It depends upon what I need at the time, whether Media Supply has a promotional or coupon that makes them less expensive, or if the weather is at an extreme and I don’t want my disks sitting in a delivery truck at sub-zero or nuclear fusion temps for several days on their way from RIMA. Of course, your mileage may vary. :cool:

Regardless, any of the three businesses mentioned in this post are safe choices for purchases of TY/JVC disks.

Just to put the cat among the pigeons (err…so to speak)…my first choice for SL would be Verbatim 16x +R (MCC004) - seriously, who thought I wouldn’t say that? :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, the MIC ones might not be up to par, but MII and both flavours of MIT have been great for me. And yes, I use them for archiving as well as everyday use. :wink:

Although the 8x TY SL has been regarded for a long time as the best in the TY range (and I would agree), I’ve read mixed stuff about the actual JVC branded ones. No harm in giving them a shot though, your drive(s) may really like them. :slight_smile: