Taiyo Yuden 8x or 16x for order

vbimport

Hello!

I am going on vacation in Greece, and like last year, I will take chance and buy some of Taiyo Yuden dvd’s. Last year I get That’s DVD-R 8x ceramic, and they was great.

So, what You think: is 8x or 16x more consistent, or it is the same this days? I will buy both value and premium line of TY, also DVD+R and DVD-R. Only question is 8x or 16x.

Thanx for answers!

8X IMO. :slight_smile: I’ve seen many complaints about 16X TY consistency.
My -short- experience with 16 TY hasn’t been great either.

almost everyone here will tell u to get the 8x (the +R ones not the -R ones as the surface of the -R (which i have, TYG02) dust etc seems to attract to it much more vs the +R 8x from what i heard and supposedly the -R have a low reflectivity which means lower compatibility with drives but as far as PC DATA backup there a solid choice) over the 16x ones… and so will i :wink:

Yes get 8x. They are rarer too, soon you might not be able to buy any.

8X +R are the rarest and also best ones.

[QUOTE=cd pirate;2064622]Yes get 8x. They are rarer too, soon you might not be able to buy any.

8X +R are the rarest and also best ones.[/QUOTE]

I Agree 110%
Get 8X T02 or TYG02
I’m not back up my file to [B]16X TY media [/B]

Yep I’ll have to go with what everyone else said and say go for the 8x +R TY’s
my experience with the 16x TY’s hasn’t been all that great either. :disagree:

So, it seems that we have a winner: 8x :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanx for Your replies, I will buy 8x TY’s.

[QUOTE=zivija;2064708]So, it seems that we have a winner: 8x :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanx for Your replies, I will buy 8x TY’s.[/QUOTE]

You just can’t go wrong with that choice. :wink: :bigsmile:

hope not i have just gotten 300 TYG02’s this week. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2068568]hope not i have just gotten 300 TYG02’s this week. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! care to share a few of the TYG02’s discs with us fellow freaks. :wink: :bigsmile:

[quote=cd pirate;2064622]Yes get 8x. They are rarer too, soon you might not be able to buy any.

8X +R are the rarest and also best ones.[/quote] They are only rare in Brick and Mortar Stores, they are plentiful on the internet at Supermedia Store or Rima.com, I just bought a few hundred and yes the 8X+ are the best by far. Agreed.:iagree:

I don’t like TYG02 personally. Overhyped because of the usually PIE/PIF scans, though:

• inferior compatibility with players and consoles compared to YUDEN000T02, premium CMC MAG E01, MCC 004, MCC 03RG20, MCC 02RG20…
  • too soft polycarbonate, leading to an far to easily scratched recording-side surface :a
  • not the best climatic stability
  • out-of-specs reflectivity (too low)
  • bonding issues sometimes

All in all, apart from homemade scans and good consistency between batches, TYG02 is very easy to beat.

YUDEN000T02, on the other hand… LOVE :smiley:

Zivija, I wish have a great time in Greece.
I use TY media from Diskimpex. T02 (+R 8x) is great, same scans as Fujifilm’s T02.
But both + and - 16x media are not even close to That’s or TDK or Verbatim. Plus their quality vary a lot.
My suggestion is to get +R 8x from Diskimpex (I buy the Blue ones) and if you decide to buy some 16x, choose Verbatims, Maxells made in Japan or That’s. TDKs are too hard to find now.

[quote=talos_2002;2068643]Zivija, I wish have a great time in Greece.
I use TY media from Diskimpex. T02 (+R 8x) is great, same scans as Fujifilm’s T02.
But both + and - 16x media are not even close to That’s or TDK or Verbatim. Plus their quality vary a lot.
My suggestion is to get +R 8x from Diskimpex (I buy the Blue ones) and if you decide to buy some 16x, choose Verbatims, Maxells made in Japan or That’s. TDKs are too hard to find now.[/quote]
I am jealous that you guys can get " THATS" Branded media. The Taiyo Yuden I get is non branded spindles look like this, they only have a paper on top that say Made by Taiyo Yuden.

Don’t be jealous, I have about 100 That’s discs now :slight_smile:

@talos_2002: Thanx for info, I will see what I will get…

TYG03 is superior to TYG02 (Better bonding, reflectivity, stability, and compatibility).

YUDEN000 T02 is superior to YUDEN000 T03 (Much better initial quality).

That is all. :cop:

ive gotten a 100 pack of T02’s and i can say i liked them better.

1. better initial scans.

2. set booktype to dvd-rom.

i have previously gotten TYG02’s, slightly higher pifs.

so i went with the lower price for the 300 purchase.

137 for YUDEN000T02 or 89 for the TYG02. :rolleyes:

Yes, YUDEN000 T02 is the best choice.
But I can’t say that other TY media is bad. I have had T03 (batches TH000021 and TH000020) that have scans as good as T02 scans.
No TY disc ever has been downright unuseable for me until now, but maybe I just had more luck with Taiyo Yuden media than others had :confused:

You could try to get some That’s DVD-R for Master TYG02 if you want special stuff with a sticky Protecsheet on the recording side. :wink:

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2068932]No TY disc ever has been downright unuseable for me until now, but maybe I just had more luck with Taiyo Yuden media than others had[/QUOTE]
I agree. I get very good results with all of my TY (and MCC) media …but then I only burn at 4x now, I only burn RW’s faster (6x and 8x) 6x if it has to be read more than once.

T02 might be better (nothing like night and day in my tests …just ‘might’) but there is nothing wrong with TYG02, I even get very good results with the £15 quid for 100 TYG02 that are fine, and I have said before I doubt that you can get any other media for the same cost per disk with the quality that can come close.

16x TY media is not as good, but I still get it as there is much worse media about (like 75% of it) I just dont bother with Verb TY media unless I can get a very good price, I have just got a load for £4.75 per 50 we will see what they are like as I hope to get them this week, with around 1500 of various MCC media (02, 003 and RG20’s).

In the past I would buy Verbs if they were on sale, but now with their Quality control going down the tubes, the only media I buy is Yuden-000-T02-000. Yes its more expensive but when I take into the equation that I have to trash 1/3 of all the other media, the Yudens suddenly don’t seem expensive at all, especially when you factor the time you waste. Yuden T02 is the only way to go. 8X media burned at 8X, no coasters, no lost time and peace of mind that the disc will play perfectly is worth every dime.