Taiyo Yuden 4x 100 pack for 29.99 with free shipping

vbimport

http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-4x-dvd-r-media-silver-lacquer.html

www.resellerratings.com. :wink:

I never had any problems with meritline

To each their own. I will spend a couple of bucks more to get my discs from supermediastore. :wink:

I prefer Cdrdvdrmedia.com to supermediastore. But actually they are silimar and where I can see supermediastore, I can see meritline and cdrdvdrmedia. I only compare the price. I have bought some cases from Super. I cann’t say service of super is excellent. Just ok.

About 6 weeks ago, I purchased 100 of the “value” 4x -R Taiyo Yuden from SuperMediaStore, and received TYG02 instead of TYG01, which made me a very happy camper. Judging from online posts, it appears to be a crap shoot (about 50 - 50 odds) whether you will receive TYG01 or TYG02 when ordering these from SuperMediaStore.

I would like to hear from those who have received their discs from Meritline, did you get TYG01 or TYG02?

I just ordered 100 from meritline, we will see how it goes. I will keep you all posted on this adventure. Yes I did read all the nightmares on their Forum; just want to give them a fare shake before judging them.

I just today got 100 TYG01 and 100 52X CD-R disks today from meritline. It was exactly what I ordered with no shipping problem. I’ll order from them again.

I don’t think you can get better odds on the G01/G02 crap shoot. I have recieved both form all three stores selling the Value discs. On my NEC 3500, both burn equally well at 4X or at 8X.

Ordered 100 Ty 4x dvd-r and 100 paper sleeves with window for $35.99 from supermedia with free shipping late on 3-23-05. They came today (3-29-05 I live on the east coast)and are TYG02’s, shiny silver top with bottom purple dye . Here is the info from Kprobe.

Disc Type DVD-R
Book Type DVD-R
Manufacturer Taiyo Yuden Company Limited
Media ID TYG02
Protection System None
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 4.38 GB
Free Blocks 2297888
Number of Layers 1
Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
Track Density 0.74 um/track
Maximum Read Speed 3.2x
Maximum Write Speed 8.0x
Current Write Speed 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 8.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 2 6.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 3 4.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 4 2.0x CLV

UPS just delivered my order, everything looks fine, the DVD-R identify as TYG01’s with both DVD Identifier and Plex Tools. Funny thing with the batch numbers, top of stack are coded with GD000266 and bottom are coded with GD000272, dont know what is in the middle yet. Ran a quick speed write test at 8x and everything looks good.

Just wanted to post this and let everyone know that Meritline pulled off a good order and shipping from Cali to Georgia with no problems at all. I would buy from them again at this price, 29.99 with free shipping.

I ordered mine from supermediastore, 100 TY “value” and got G01, hub number (batch #?)
GD000267…my nec 2510 says they can burn at 8x, so i do. unfortunately i dont have a drive that can do testing…

Here is a scan of this media burned at 8X on my 3500. I am happy.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=872344&postcount=49

nice, very nice. Thanks chas! looks great…

omg i bought them i hope they don’t screw me over >_<!!!

They kinda did. You can get TYs from www.shop4tech for about $1 cheaper.

Are they selling genuine TY or media with a TY code. Even though they are advertising them as TY, Shop4Tech has had a less than stellar reputation in the past.

The picture of the discs and packaging they show on Shop4Tech’s site are identical to the packages shipped from Supermediastore and Meritline.

I ordered 100 of these awhile back from Meritline as well and never had an issue with them either. I still prefer Rima.com but for these discs either Supermediastore or Meritline should do just fine.

They are genuine TY discs. So far in the US, all of the fake TYs are rebadges (ie Sonic, Matrix, ect.) and they all carry the TYG02 media ID code. All of the discs being sold under the TY label are TY. The deal is that these are the value line TY and not the premium TY that you would recieve from the likes of www.rima.com. However, virtually all of the scans I have seen of the value TY media still ranks higher than 95% of the other stuff out there and you certainly can’t beat it for the price.