Taiyo Yuden 48x

Is $28 a good price for a 100 pack of 48x TY CD-R, to use with 52x Lite-On?
Cd’s are here
Rating is pretty good

Best Buy is having a special on a 50 pack of Fuji (TY) discs that is cheaper than that. Check Bestbuy.com as I have forgotten the price.

-Scott

These appear to be the only Fuji available
30 pack of 24x - $12.99
30 pack of 24x (multicolored, slim jewel cases) - $19.99
100 pack of 24x - $21.99 after $18 rebate
50 pack of 16x - $19.99

And I’d rather spend an extra $9 on 48x certified TY than try to write @ 52x on 16x or 24x media…, not to mention the 100 pack I was thinking about is cheaper than 2 of these 50 packs.

$28 is not a bad price for the TY 48x. You don’t have to deal with the mail-in rebates and the certified 48x is good to go, rather than worrying if you can burn the 16x or 24x CDR’s at the 48X speed.

It’s unlikely that you’ll get anything to burn at 52x, but they’ll work good at 48x. My drives all slow them down at about 46x, they’ll drop to either 32x or 40x for the last little bit. Still, they’re the most reliable and error=free CDR’s around, except maybe Prodisc.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
It’s unlikely that you’ll get anything to burn at 52x, but they’ll work good at 48x. My drives all slow them down at about 46x, they’ll drop to either 32x or 40x for the last little bit. Still, they’re the most reliable and error=free CDR’s around, except maybe Prodisc.

Another two discs you might wanna give a try.
TDK ultra reflex by Ritek (JS dye) bundled with their 48X/52X CDR drives.
Liteon bundled 52/48X media by CMC (LH dye).

The media included with my Lite-On 52x was 48x rated ePro (made by Prodisc). Unfortunately I bought the Buslink bundled drive and they didn’t include any 24x RW media for me to use

I didn’t get any media at all with my 52x Buslink. :frowning:

What’s RV and what media is represented by blue?

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
What’s RV and what media is represented by blue?

http://startlab.co.jp/TypeRV/features.htm

the name TY give for their 40/48X dye.