Taiyo Yuden 40x Spindle 100 --> getting real cheap!

Has there something changed with the quality of the newest Taiyo Yuden CDR’s? I saw that some shop in Belgium sells them now for only 29 EURO for a spindle of 100 (40 X certified) and in some other places prices are dropping too. How come they are getting so cheap? Are they not using gold anymore stabilize some part of the CDR’s?

Where exactly in Belgium did you see them for 29EUR? I am in Belgium, so I am very interested:)

www.wallabie.com

Note: I’m not in any way related to this shop. I have been there once and they were not friendly. However the price for these CDR’s are the lowest I have seen so far.

I am visiting them on Monday:) Thanks for the great link!

Since I have seen some problems with TY in TEAC writer already, and since they are now cheaper then Princo, something must be going on in that factory. Are they dropping prices only?

i am weary about TY now,

First it was the post about TY-like screwcaps on imation media.
Second it was zdr’s post about TY media that went bad with his TEAC
Thirdly this huge price drop

all in the last few days.

slightly more than coincidence?

I would not trust TYs at 29 EURO, that’s just waaaaaaaaaaay to cheap

Why is it waaaayyyy too cheap? I don’t understand. The shop of CDfreaks asks about the same amount of money for them (but one has to take large quantities). So why do you think it could not be possible?

Indeed, when you buy large quantaties. I would say if one sells them at the current moment, where it’s about 10 EURO below the normal price, it looks like dumping… And you know what gets dumped, stuff they can’t sell otherwise. Of course I can be wrong :wink:

Sorry guys, I tested both spindles and burnt 10 cds from each to compare them - they are IDENTICAL. Not to mention that the packages are mirror images of each other.

Maybe you should start dropping your prices or buy the Wallabie stock off?:wink:

I went to that shop and I took 200cds (2 spindles)…and they look the same as the picture showed on the cdfreaks shop.
They’re great I think!

That’s the atip that I’ve done of the cds;

This Disc is designed for CD-RW/COMBO Drive Only.
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden,Tuned-X
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

I will buy some other spindles … tomorrow (3 more spindles ;))

…for TYs, as I’m looking into upgrading to P4. Does anyone know shop in Belgium with comparable prices to those in Germany? For instance, I could find anything in Belgium near www.kmelectronic.de prices.

Why would anyone buy a P4 2.0 from Wallabie (or any other) for 250eur when one can order it from kmelectronic.de for 200eur??

Cheapest hardware shops in Belgium I know of are:

www.forcom.be

www.comtechnology.net

They are just a bit more expensive if you compare it with that German shop, but that’s mostly because the taxes in Begium are higher.

I did not know about those, they are quite close to german prices. Thanks!

:eek: No more TYs at Wallabie, I went there on Saturday afternoon…

I know 1 more shop in Belgium with TY at 28euro for 100 cds!

But it’s in Brussels…:wink:

I’m in Brussels:)

… since there was no reply. I wonder if it ever existed?

Anyway, I found another one with TYs for 30 eur, but it’s post order only:

www.mpl.be

They even sent me the pictures of the disks and cdr identifier scan, they seem to be identical.

Originally posted by zdr
[B]… since there was no reply. I wonder if it ever existed?

Anyway, I found another one with TYs for 30 eur, but it’s post order only:

www.mpl.be

They even sent me the pictures of the disks and cdr identifier scan, they seem to be identical. [/B]

Yeah, it’s difficult to find those really good cds. I’ve bought 200 pieces of it and already burned 40 of them. Without any coaster or problem :cool:

But ZDR, when you order goods from Deutschland, how much do you pay for shipping?

What’s your email anyway that I can ask more in private…

here in the states, the most common brand available (Memorex) is sometimes made my Taiyo Yuden. The ones that say “Made In Japan” are Tayio Yuden. The rest are made by CMC (:Z )
I bought a 100 pack of the Taiyo Yuden Memorex for $9.99 after rebates. Not too shabby seeing that I was happily paying $42 per 100 Taiyo Yuden before.