Taiyo Yuden $14.99 for 100 at supermedia.com after $10.00 rebate

vbimport

Regular price $24.99 plus tax and shipping. Shipping and tax adds on $10 for California (me), so it comes down to no tax and free shipping if their rebate is any good. The same old DVD-R 4 speed, tygo2 perhaps. Limit one rebate per household.

here’s the link

rebate

Thats not such a good deal, when you can get Taiyo Yuden Sony branded 8x + and dash for 14.99 on sale every couple of weeks at Staples or Best buy with no rebates.

1. Best Buy and Staples sales are usually for 50 pack not 100 pack. i believe these are a better deal

2. Harder and harder to find Sony media MIJ. Most MIT. Supermedia’s are all MIJ.

CLG

I am very sorry, that is a great deal, for some reaosn I thought it was for 50 not 100. For 100 of any type of real Taiyo Yuden media 14.99 is a great deal.

Hmm $32.59 for me after factoring in shipping costs and before I recieve my rebate. So after 6-8 weeks (assuming I didn’t get screwed over on my rebate) I would be out a total of $22.59+39 cent postage stamp ($22.98) to mail in the rebate. On the other hand I can order the exact same thing from www.shop4tech.com and enter in coupon code: CS10 and have the discs for $25.20 shipped up front. So assuming I don’t get screwed over on the rebate for one reason or another, my savings after waiting 2 months is a whopping $2.20. I for one would rather pay a couple of $ more to enjoy the savings right at purchase. Don’t get me wrong, a rebate can save you alot of money but going through all that hassle for that little savings after a 2 month wait just isn’t worth it to me. Not saying it is a bad deal. It is a pretty good deal when all is said and done, I’m just saying it isn’t that much better of a deal when you consider what you can get them for elsewhere on a regular basis.

I have to agree. I am really getting tired of rebates, and the only way to stop them is for we, the consumers, to quit buying into any rebate deals.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace]So assuming I don’t get screwed over on the rebate for one reason or another, my savings after waiting 2 months is a whopping $2.20. I for one would rather pay a couple of $ more to enjoy the savings right at purchase.QUOTE]

I too am in agreement, my time filling out the rebate forms is worth something, as well as the stamp in some instances. Best of all no aggravation, life’s too short.

Yeah, call me paranoid but after getting screwed over on a couple of rebates, I just prefer not to take the chance for something with as small of a gain at this. Just seems rediculous to go through all that hassle to save $2.22 after 2 months (or more) of waiting. Also if you get screwed over on the rebate, you are out $32.98 (including price of stamp) versus being out $25.20 with no hassles from shop4tech. Works out to $7.78 more if that happens. Some could argue that shop4tech doesn’t have the greatest rep but then again supermediastore is no saint either as their ratings are pretty close to being the same.

You guys over the pond should count yourselves lucky! I’ve just had to pay nearly £34 or $60 for 100 TYG02’s here in the UK. Our crappy budget RITEKG05’s cost more than your TY’s… Grrrr… :a :a

Yup. I’m familiar enough with the UK media market to know that we are damn lucky when it comes to media here and it’s also the reason why the folks from the UK stock up on media when they come for a vist. BTW that is a nice skyline in your avatar. :wink: