Taiyo write speed

i have always written in 8x on 16x taiyo without any problems, but recently i may have run into a couple of bad disks maybe, as i get to about 80% on play back i run into video freeze and on 1 of the disk i can see where the dye leaked into the hub prompting me to believe i have a bad disk, but now i wonder should i be writing my 16x disk at 16x or 8x or does it even matter the speed that i write at with a 16x disk

Maybe your burner got dusted over the time??
Burn 16x media at 8x or 12x.

[QUOTE=thomm;2565227]i have always written in 8x on 16x taiyo without any problems, but recently i may have run into a couple of bad disks maybe, as i get to about 80% on play back i run into video freeze and on 1 of the disk i can see where the dye leaked into the hub prompting me to believe i have a bad disk, but now i wonder should i be writing my 16x disk at 16x or 8x or does it even matter the speed that i write at with a 16x disk[/QUOTE]

Same probelm here! You are very lucky to have run only into a couple!!!

I bought a TY cakebox two years ago and every CD-r was just perfect.

Bought a new TY cakebox a week ago and it was almost a disaster.

Talking about audio cd, the perfect write speed for me used to be 16x.

Now It doesn’t matter the writing speed… the result can change every time: very high level of C1 error and sometime some C2 too.

Send an email to my supplier and he honestly replied me : [I]
Since Taiyo Yuden sold by JVC, unfortunately the quality declined.
Unfortunately we have no influence on that, sorry!
[/I]

Unfortunately, my test and scan can just confirmed me the TY quality is not the same it used to be… not anymore.

My guess is they just do not care… money, a low cost production and who cares about quality!

If I couple of years ago I would have said the T.Y. were the best, today I would say they are producing medias in a slapdash way.

while waiting for my new burner, i was wondering is there any recourse for the 10 bad dvds that are -R 16X taiyo yuden professional that i bought from super media and are the jvc taiyo the best now to use

[QUOTE=thomm;2567213]while waiting for my new burner, i was wondering is there any recourse for the 10 bad dvds that are -R 16X taiyo yuden professional that i bought from super media and are the jvc taiyo the best now to use[/QUOTE]

I doubt it!

If you read carefully my former post, it seems that T.Y and JVC are the same thing and the T.Y quality decreasing is just because of JVC!!!

I also doubt that super media, like any other suppliers, can do something for you… they are just “sellers”.

The quality of media producing is going very down and I guess that nowadys it is easier win a lottery than finding a good quality media.

Right on, if you can find new blanks (eg. 8x DVD±R) from reliable companies you shouldnt hesitate to buy them…

[QUOTE=chef;2567343]Right on, if you can find new blanks (eg. 8x DVD±R) from reliable companies you shouldnt hesitate to buy them…[/QUOTE]

I agree! The problem is WHO is a realiable company nowadays? :rolleyes: