Taiyo Uden question

vbimport

Hi all,

I’m a newbie but trying to learn about different media. I was going to buy some Taiyo Uden 32X silver/blue 80 min from blank-cd-cdr.com. Here’s a link: http://www.blank-cd-cdr.com/p-slb8032x-100s.html. The price seemed good and had free shipping.

Anyway, someone just told me that an important part of good media is having a good coating on the side that doesn’t get burned. He said he only buys blank media with a company’s logo or something printed on that side, otherwise it’s more prone to chipping or making bad burns. Is there any truth to this? I cancelled my order thinking I should get some that have a better surface. I’m using them for high-quality audio burning.

Any advice?

Originally posted by wcsonic
He said he only buys blank media with a company’s logo or something printed on that side, otherwise it’s more prone to chipping or making bad burns. Is there any truth to this?
Any advice?
That’s bullshit.
When it comes to the burning process itself there’s no difference at all
between the blank ones and those with the printable coating.
So, just order [COLOR=indigo]P-SLB8032X-100S and happy burning 2 u ![/COLOR]

:wink:

i think the only truth in what u were told is that a cdr w/o coating might be more prone to chipping on that side. i’ve seen a few non-coated cdrs with their tops peeling off after they got scratched there. however, this shouldn’t happen if the disc is handled/kept properly.

Finally SVP has also started to stock decent media again (unbranded TY’s) - the past 8 months they seem to concentrate on crap media.

Still, for the price they are asking, I will continue to pay a few pence more a cd (26pence) by buying the new Plextor branded TY’s. 100 burned and all pass every test I throw at them with zero errors at full speed - never had that luxury before with any other media inc. TDK, Mitsui, Kodak, etc.

Ice