Taiyo surface issues?

vbimport

recently the taiyos that i store in a discgear storage box (i don’t know if this is the issue) are getting a cloudy film on them. no player will recognize the disc until i scrub the film off an not all of the film gets removed, so i was wondering if anyone else is having this issue the taiyos are distributed by the victor media co

[QUOTE=thomm;2663909]recently the taiyos that i store in a discgear storage box (i don’t know if this is the issue) are getting a cloudy film on them. no player will recognize the disc until i scrub the film off an not all of the film gets removed, so i was wondering if anyone else is having this issue the taiyos are distributed by the victor media co[/QUOTE]

I have not seen that issue. However, In my experience with the partial exception of pro line unbranded silver (as opposed to white) cdr’s, TY has gone down hill big time since the JVC purchase.

The unbranded silver cdr’s are the only current TY media I will touch. All other TY’s I have laying around here are used as gifts for friends.

It’s been years since I got a decent burn from a TY dvdr (about when the JVC sale went through…).

Someone did suggest to me today regarding FTI’s that they may be intentionally making discs with burning strategies more compatible with today’s newest burners, rather than the older burners i own.

That doesn’t address your issue at all though. Some of my NOS TY Maxells do have a cloudy film issue in the LABEL side of the disc, but it doesn’t seem to be effecting disc quality or the dye.

That’s a shame about TY’s quality going down.