Taiyo DVD+/-R inkjet printable or not

Is there any difference in the two flavors (white and silver shiny) of inkjet printable disc’s?
Do these type of label’s effect longevity and quality as do the stick on labels?

The only difference between them is the shiny silver discs have a 3-D like affect after they are printed
something like the major movie studios have on their discs and the white does not have the 3-D effect.

Do these type of label’s effect longevity and quality as do the stick on labels?

In a word NO they do not affect playback like the stick on labels do or affect the longevity of the disc.

“Shiny” discs, whether white or silver, are NOT inkjet printable. (Unless it’s TY Watershield white). The shiny discs are for thermal printing only. Inkjet discs are flat (white) or opaque (silver). And no, they have nothing in common with sticky labels.

Yup, checked it out. silver and white are inkjet printable (not shiny).
TY’s in 8x +R are available in both.
TY’s 16x +R, only white inkjet.
Thanks you.

I have some Silver TYG02 inkjet printables. They really are not Shinny and if you could see the Silver Inkjet next to the Thermal you wouldn’t mistake one for the other.

I’ve been wondering how well the white printable holds up against yellowing. I’ve bought some other brand white printables and they yellow after a couple of months and I don’t print on them.

I bought the TY white printable’s in Dec. 2006, no problem at all.