Tages Website

Have you read what they claim on the TAGES protection website? (http://www.tagesprotection.com). I don’t really think they should claim that it cannot be copied as they said because people will eventually figure it out and copy it. What I found especially funny was the bit where it said “It is a fact now and FOREVER, it is not just an opinion: we garantee full immunity with 1:1 copying”. I’ll laugh so hard when we do produce a good copy. What do you think? I seem to remember on the SecuRom website a couple of years ago they said that it could not be copied.

So far , they’re doing a good job.

To mock them and tell everyone that it will eventually be possible to backup is more a prophecy or propaganda than doing actual research.

What have you done for society to make Tages backups work ? And who are those “we” you are talking about ?

Right now, there is no emulator of TAGESâ„¢ available, and we are the only resisting protection. The explanation is straightforward: it is very difficult to do all the steps such an emulation requires.

In any case, we consider emulators to be a real threat and have all the necessary flexibility to be able to react immediately, with much more powerful solutions than blacklists - which are, in our opinion, a very limited answer to emulation.

I congratulate them on making their knowledge and research up t date , but i’m very curious what the “much more powerful solutions” are.

The “we” i’m talking about is the public. I’m not saying that it is possible to backup a Tages protected game at the moment like XIII or that I can do it, but if I was them I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to backup or copy or emulate. To every problem there is a solution, and saying “It is a fact now and FOREVER” might make the company look stupid in the future by saying empty promises that they’re not entirely sure on. That’s all i’m saying.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
“It is a fact now and FOREVER” might make the company look stupid in the future by saying empty promises that they’re not entirely sure on. That’s all i’m saying.

I agree. It’s the same bullshit as a “3 Year Lifetime Limited Warranty”.

Exactly.

3 Year Lifetime Limited Warranty

that is a short life…i wish TAGEs had that short life…

> To every problem there is a solution, and saying “It is a fact now and FOREVER”
> might make the company look stupid in the future by saying empty promises that
> they’re not entirely sure on. That’s all i’m saying.

It might make them look stupid in the future, and then you might come back
and you might laugh at them plenty. Until then they are right and you’re
clueless. And if you want another statement to laugh at, here’s one for
you : it is a fact now and FOREVER that nobody will ever make working
copies of XBox DVDs.

TAGES Website
It is a fact now and FOREVER, it is not just an opinion: we garantee full immunity with 1:1 copy, since CD-Rs do not have our structural modifications, and a burner cannot do it!

With all this hubris, maybe they could afford a spelling checker, i.e. (garantee). How many other protections have been unbeatable? As the protection becomes more popular, more effort and attention will be given to it. To this quote I would only suggest the following.

Pride Goethe before the Fall.

Originally posted by spath
Until then they are right and you’re
clueless. And if you want another statement to laugh at, here’s one for
you : it is a fact now and FOREVER that nobody will ever make working
copies of XBox DVDs.

People HAVE been able to copy working XBOX games but they need a modchip to make it work. Saying that “No CD-R’s have our structual modifications”, or “no burner can do it!” speaks only at present day. For all they know burner companies might make TAGES compatible burners or special CD-R just for TAGES protected games. I’m not saying that they ‘have’ or ‘will’ i’m saying that stating “It is a fact now and FOREVER, it is not just an opinion: we garantee full immunity with 1:1 copy, since CD-Rs do not have our structural modifications, and a burner cannot do it!” is an empty promise.

> People HAVE been able to copy working XBOX games but they
> need a modchip to make it work.

Blah. What I call a working copy is the same as TAGES people
call 1:1 copy, i.e. a copy made by any burner which runs
without crack, emulation or modchip. And this will never be
possible with XboX games. Got it ?

> I’m not saying that they ‘have’ or ‘will’ i’m saying
> that stating “It is a fact now and FOREVER, it is not just
> an opinion: we garantee full immunity with 1:1 copy, since
> CD-Rs do not have our structural modifications, and a burner
> cannot do it!” is an empty promise.

Again, your logic is flawed. You cannot at the same time say
that their promise is empty without saying that working copies
of TAGES will be made one day. If you think they’re lying then
prove them wrong, but at the moment discussions on what “might”
or “could” happen in the future are just plain useless.

It seems to me that the burden of proof is on the one making the claim to prove their assertion, in this case TAGES!, not on one questioning it. Perhaps TAGES would be willing to back up their assertion by offering a performance bond from a reputable insurance company, maybe $100 per copy sold. Forever can turn out to be a long time. Anyone who makes such a “garantee,” their spelling not mine, invites public ridicule for such hubris.

If you find other spelling mistakes, please send a PM , or even a public one if you have to: I always seek to improve!

BTW, this one is corrected, thanks

If you think they’re lying then prove them wrong

I never tried to prove them wrong or to say that they’re lying, I agree with them, it IS impossible to make working backups at this time. The company is assuming that it will never be cracked, hacked, copied, emulated, but only basing that on today’s circumstances and today’s technology.

but at the moment discussions on what “might” or “could” happen in the future are just plain useless.

I agree that is useless, but the point of this thread was to never prove them wrong, but just to point out that FOREVER is a long time to keep up their end of the bargain.

[B]> People HAVE been able to copy working XBOX games but they
> need a modchip to make it work.

Blah. What I call a working copy is the same as TAGES people
call 1:1 copy, i.e. a copy made by any burner which runs
without crack, emulation or modchip. And this will never be
possible with XboX games. Got it ? [/B]

Chill out

LOL

Yeah chillout guys… if you actually read the TAGES WEBSITE - spelling mistake 'n all…

YOU WOULD understand where Mr. Belvedere was coming from and why he is getting so frustrated!!! :smiley:

IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to 1:1 copy a TAGES disc - unless you use a replication plant!!!

The physical disc is completely different to that of a normal disc- im not going to explain how - I found out - so can you. ! :smiley:

I agree though - in 10 years time - hardware should be able to read anything… I think that is a bit of FRENCH humour on the webby! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: They do make exxxxxxxtravageeeent claims (in a French drawly throaty voice) now and again… :smiley:

MuzChap! :smiley:

Some people have made reports copying the game with specific tools.

Others made reports copying it with alcohol.

Tages has some flaws too, if so much as 1 copy of it was ever made, already it is prrof that Tages is not 100%.

Read what Jackass wrote towards the end here

Forever is a very long time. I think TAGES will be beaten, even if we make it to Pluto before that… :cool:

Originally posted by Airhead
Forever is a very long time

There you go, he said it.

Originally posted by $CyBeRwIz$
but just to point out that FOREVER is a long time to keep up their end of the bargain.

Originally posted by muzchap
IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to 1:1 copy a TAGES disc - unless you use a replication plant!!!

But you said it yourself

agree though - in 10 years time - hardware should be able to read anything… I think that is a bit of FRENCH humour on the webby

I knew entirely what they were saying on that page and didn’t say anywhere that it was possible NOW.

LoL - Cool

Yeah no worries man - you seem to have adopted a very defensive standpoint here! :slight_smile:

Agreed - seems like everyone is now talking the same language - took a while but we all got there in the end ! :smiley:

I’ll have to mail JACKASS see if I can help him out! :smiley:

MC

Originally posted by muzchap
[B]LoL - Cool

Yeah no worries man - you seem to have adopted a very defensive standpoint here! :slight_smile:

Agreed - seems like everyone is now talking the same language - took a while but we all got there in the end ! :smiley:

I’ll have to mail JACKASS see if I can help him out! :smiley:

MC [/B]

Yeah…LOL :bigsmile: