Tages perfectly cloned

My friend has perfectly cloned Motoracer 3 with CloneCD 4 (he doesn’t remember the version) !!!
Here you are the settings:

Reading

Read Audio & Data Subchannel
Fast error skip ON
Vel. 4x

Writing:

Don’t repair data Subchannel
Amplify weak sectors
Close CD
vel. 8x

It has read and written with an HP9500i master with firmware 1.04.

Bye
Canis

Depending on your country/continent, Motoracer can have Safedisk 2 or Tages. CloneCD can’t backup Tages, so the version you are talking about must have SafeDisk 2 as protection.

just several questions.
backing up and copying motoracer 3 is quite straight forward
Ive done it on numerous occaisions.
Getting the game to actually play in anything but the DEMO mode is the real problem!!!
The copy protection actually teases you by ALLOWING YOU TO PLAY IN THE DEMO MODE ONLY!!! whereas when you put in the original disc it installed you can access all the levels and bikes etc.
Are you sure this is the case with your copy?
Also I understand in some countries this game doesnt carry the tages protection just safe disc 2 are you sure this copied version was indeed the tages protected cd???

Ok i tell to my friend if it can send me the Log Event of CloneCD.
Bye
Canis

Ok it has scanned the original cd with ClonyXXL and it found TAGES !!! It has passed throught the safedisc analyser the .exe file and there’isnt any safedisc protection so it’s TAGES and it’s possible to copy it !!!

Read here why Tages can’t be copied with the current versions of CloneCD (or any other freely available program).

Also try the game, like stated in another post, to see if you really can play the full game, instead of only the demo version.

Maybe you should upload a screenshot to show us, its seems outrageous that Clone CD copies Tages. Not quite there yet. However, whose to say that you didn’t run across a bug in the protection, allowing you to copy it?

clone cd does copy tages easily!! as I said earlier it just stops the game running in full mode you just get the DEMO mode only from the copy!!
The protection does that to tease you !!

What are the limits of the Demo version ?

According to logicwatch’s post the demo limits the available tracks/bikes.

Well, if that is the case, then it really doesn’t copy it perfectly, does it? Anyway, just wait it out, I remember reading a post that Olli made saying that he was close to figuring it out. So just wait it out. Maybe it will be possible to play the full game from the full disc.

It is figured out. He only needs to implement it.

Well, thanks Alexnoe, that is great news. Lets just hope that it will work for future games protected with Tages.

Originally posted by CCDKing
Well, thanks Alexnoe, that is great news. Lets just hope that it will work for future games protected with Tages.

Probably there will never be another game protected with Tages, this protection has been released in April2001 about18 months ago. I would suggest Olli don’t waste his time with Tagès… my personal opinion.

I remember reading a post that Olli made saying that he was close to figuring it out. So just wait it out

Can someone post a link to this, iw ould love to read it.

@CDDKing:

You find an explanation how Tagès works in the technical forum. Spath posted it some time ago.